Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father/Son Haney and Mayweather feud, how and when did it start?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father/Son Haney and Mayweather feud, how and when did it start?

Floyd is all over social media grinning from ear to ear on the outcome of the fight. He was clearly rooting for Ryan Garcia.

Floyd is a salty, insecure, retired boxer whose wealth hasn't made him happy or content. Who cares what he thinks?
    Weebler I Weebler I likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by brettWall View Post
      Floyd is all over social media grinning from ear to ear on the outcome of the fight. He was clearly rooting for Ryan Garcia.
      Devin left Mayweather's stable. Simple as that.

Floyd is a salty old woman. Must be a nightmare working under him.
      Weebler I Weebler I hhh1200 hhh1200 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

If you mean a physical stable like a gym or a locker room, maybe. But Mayweather as a promoter never signed Haney. Devin was never one of Floyd's fighters. Maybe that's the reason. Father and son Haney wanted a promotional home, but they didn't get it from Mayweather. Eddie Hearn took them in and the Haneys were grateful even to this day.

Comment

bill snitched on one of the mayweathers in prison

Comment

Originally posted by brettWall View Post
            - - Most boring feud, most boring fighters, and stooopidist fighters in history...

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

Floyd is a salty old woman. Must be a nightmare working under him.
              Lol, but this could be all it is. As a MI cat Floyd has been a favorite of mine forever, but I agree that he has a overwhelming, toxic & petty boss style.

He cucked Tank for yrs. He took all the air from the room talking during Curmel's post fight interview after his debut. Devin having his own blueprint, that was largely a homage to Floyd's later yrs blueprint altho Floyd probably can't see it for that, & not wanting to be a Mayweather Promotions guy was likely a problem.

Comment

Mayweather rooted for Garcia, but he never expected him to win.
                He even tried to take Ryan away from the Haneys, who were furious.
                Floyd didn't want to see them making truckloads of money
                and the glory of beating a social media superstar.

Comment

Floyd doesn't want anyone to be better than him.

He'll always root for the young up and comers to lose, Tank included eventually.

Comment

I have to imagine this situation with Jeff Mayweather from the past has something to do with it, it's very interesting stuff. Plus of course Bill Haney talked smack saying Haney beat up Mayweather in sparring. Seems Haney (Bill, at least) and the Mayweathers have always been somewhat at odds, despite Devin being coached by them.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...life-in-danger

Originally posted by Jeff Mayweather
                    "My Life is in Jeopardy...

This story began as a boxing story but now it has become something totally different. It is now about a real life situation, and I am hereby alerting the entire boxing world and the world in general, that should anything happen to me, I want you to know who did it before it happens.

A situation arose that involved someone very dear to me. I won't say that person's name but of course the police has been alerted and they do know the person's identity. This story has taken a turn in a dangerous direction, and my involvement as I tried to assist this person has put my life in jeopardy.

I have received text messages warning me that I am out of my league for being involved in this situation. The person I believe to be responsible for these threats is Bill Haney, owner of the newly opened Hit Factory. I want everyone in the world to know that if something happens to me, or to the person I can't mention in this article, it will have happened at the hands of Bill Haney himself or one of the many employees who are a part of his crew, all of which can be found working inside the Hit Factory.

I don't fear any man; it is not out of fear that I'm writing this piece. I'm doing it because should anything happen to me or the person who has to remain nameless for now, everyone who has read my story will know exactly who to look for.

Bill has a very charming approach; however, he is also extremely ruthless if he can't control you. I was hired by Bill Haney to be one of the faces of The Hit Factory. I soon found out that the environment at the Hit Factory made it difficult to feel comfortable because so much more than boxing was taking place. With all of Haney's guys working in the gym, the environment was completely controlled, which made most people uncomfortable. I felt it in my heart that something bad was going to happen in this place, and it did.

I can't disclose what actually happened, as this matter is under police investigation at the present time. Bill always said he wanted to be famous in the boxing world, well, now he is and I want all eyes to be on him. Something suddenly happens to Jeff Mayweather, look no further, you have already been told by me."

7-21-2010​
                    Further excerpts:
                    Jeff Mayweather Speaks Out On ATG Radio

Say the name Mayweather and immediately see how many topics around the sport of boxing are synonymous with just that name alone. Mayweather starts with the brothers three of Floyd Sr., Roger, and Jeff these men are great boxers, and World Champions the family tradition continues with Floyd Jr. considered by many the pound for pound best fighter in the world today. We at ATG Radio were blessed to have Jeff Mayweather join us for a conversation and a peak into his world of boxing as it stands today. As we began the conversation he quickly ignited controversy going right into a situation that happened between him and Bill Haney.

Jeff saying “He’s a guy that needs to be stopped; he’s a guy that basically is a pimp.” “I won’t say he’s a dope dealer but I don’t know a guy that is not famous and hasn’t done nothing doesn’t even have a job and is driving a $200,000.00 car.” “He has a Bentley and has more than one and he’s not a rapper, he’s not an actor, he’s not an athlete so where does his money come from if he doesn’t have a job?” Jeff was referring to Bill Haney owner of the H.I.T. Factory boxing gym which opened in May of 2010. The gym is located off the strip in Las Vegas NV, on the corner of Sahara and Paradise. The H.I.T. Factory is an acronym for Hidden Individual Talent.

Jeff was a trainer at that gym before Bill Haney purchased it and changed the name. Fighters that have worked out there or currently work out there include Chad Dawson, Zab Judah, Hasim Rahman, Michael Grant, Celestino Caballero, Ishe Smith, and Shannon Briggs. Recently though rumors have been running around that the gym is not just a gym and because of this Jeff left the gym. Jeff made it clear that Bill is the owner of the gym and that he is the guy financing the gym all the other names that are being used are meaningless. Jeff stated that “I have an axe to grind because he did something to someone near to me.” Although Jeff would not elaborate on that was.

Jeff said that “This guy needs to be exposed” also saying that police are now involved as well. We asked Jeff when he used the term “pimp” was it in reference to meaning that he was an actual pimp or was it used as terminology as in doing big things or being fly? Mayweather said “No I’m talking about a man who is an actual pimp.” In referring to the gym “They do have an all-women’s class set up specifically for them at 5 o’clock but no longer do they have the hookers in there at the same time as the kids.” “When the gym first started they (prostitutes) were all over the place.” Still not going into any details Jeff did acknowledge that Bill did something to one of his female fighters and that “he was the perpetrator.” Jeff asked us a question saying he heard that someone called way before show time trying to get this interview cancelled. In which Frank did state that we were contacted by an affiliate of Bill’s. Jeff than asked if it was a certain person (whose name I will not use on here) in which we confirmed.

Frank said we read somewhere that you fear for your life and if this guy is into all this that is speculated than yeah you should fear for your life. Jeff answered back with “I would rather die doing what’s right than live as a coward.” “I’m about doing what’s right not about you know you trying to pay me off that’s not me.” Jeff said he is not going to be dealing with anyone involved with H.I.T. Factory anymore. Jeff went as far as issuing a restraining order on a man that came to him claiming to be the owner of the gym recently. Things started get interesting on the show as one of Haney’s associates called in to talk to Mayweather. She immediately started to call into question all of Jeff’s accusations. Without giving him a chance to answer back she started to argue over Jeff getting louder and was disconnected.

The next caller turned out to be the man in question Bill Haney himself and we gave him a chance to answer to what was being said about his gym. Bill came on and wanted to set some things straight and wanted to just let his voice be heard. Frank made it clear that we definitely wanted to hear what Bill had to say but also let him know that we supported Jeff, Bill understood. Frank said obviously that Jeff was upset with something that happened but if there was any way that he could alleviate that pressure and everyone go their separate ways? Bill said “I would love to take the opportunity to apologize to Jeff for anything he thought that I had done.” Bill reminded us that there are two stories and said this whole thing started with his son being trained by Floyd Sr. and then he brought Jeff on board in which both were training Haney’s son at Richard Steele’s (former Nevada licensed boxing referee) gym. Bill said something happened weather Jeff quit or was terminated he doesn’t know. Bill said “Mr. Steele had a problem with him” in which Jeff immediately rebutted “he had a problem with you.”

Bill said “I don’t know why Mr. Steele would have a problem with me?” Jeff than responded “you know why” “because you brought yourself and all your pony’s in there wheeling and dealing in front of the kids.” Bill went on to say that being that his gym is on Sahara and Paradise he accepted “all walks of life in the gym from the corporate guy to the stripper.” “I didn’t close my door to anyone I thought what I was doing was bringing a world class boxing experience to the community.” Bill did state that he did owe Jeff money for services rendered saying he missed one or two weeks. Jeff said he missed three months Bill did say his gym during the interview which makes us believe that he is in fact the owner of The H.I.T. Factory.

Things did start to get a little out of control between the two going back and forth when Frank stepped in and asked the question we both wanted to know. Frank said “you know on this show we get down to the Nitti gritty so let me ask you this are you a pimp?” Bill answered back “No I’m not No I’m not a pimp sir.” Frank went on to say “If you’re a pimp and that’s what you do and you’re good at it you make a lot of money it’s only cheating if you get caught.” Frank asked him then where do you get the money for a Bentley? Bill stated ”I don’t have a Bentley my only thing here is to open a gym with world class trainers. Bill said he hangs out with a lot of well-known entertainers and famous people maybe he Jeff mistake their car for being theirs.” Both Jeff and Bill went back and forth about a situation that we still don’t have details over saying that this is what all this is about.

Again Jeff and Bill went at each other talking over one another and once more we had to step in. Frank gave Bill all due respect but this was a forum for Jeff as he was our guest today and reminded Bill that our loyalty was to Jeff and the Mayweather family. Hopefully this gets resolved in a civilized manner although we do not know what this whole situation is truly about we had hoped that this would have somewhat brought both sides closer together but left feeling as if nothing truly was accomplished. We thanked Bill for being courteous and civil during his time and he in turned thanked us for allowing him to give his side. To listen to the show in its entirety please click on the link below also the first few minutes of the show we did have some technical difficulties but resolved them and went on without a hitch.​

GL: Jeff Mayweather recently blogged naming you as the reason why he fears for his life and felt endangered. What's that all about?

BH: "I love Jeff as an individual. I love what his family has done for boxing. Everything he said is asinine. I would never do anything to harm Jeff or anyone for that matter. Boxing is a very aggressive sport and sometimes we say things out of aggression and that's really it."

GL: Why would he make those remarks? What reason does he have to be scared of you?

BH: "I don't know why. He's definitely a guy that I respect as far as his business savvy and what he does in the ring. He would never have any reason to be afraid of me."

Then from the last news article

Mayweather an uncle of famous fighter Floyd has recently claimed that Haney threatened him, but Haney vehemently denies the allegation.

“I have nothing but respect for Jeff Mayweather. He is an outstanding trainer and a noble boxing man. For him to say that I would do anything to harm him is ridiculous,” said Haney.

What transpired that has caused the recent rift between Jeff Mayweather and Bill Haney, according to Haney is a misunderstanding over a female fighter that Mayweather is training and has a relationship with.

According to several sources, the female fighter appeared at a party attended by Haney’s young son among others and the woman allegedly engaged in improper behavior with the under aged boy.

The woman was taken to Mayweather’s home and the circumstances explained, according to the source.

She was unharmed, and Las Vegas police have yet to contact Haney or any of his associates regarding the matter, according to sources.

At this time the article was published, Devin was 10 years old.
                    Originally posted by Jeff Mayweather
                    Sara Fina was very upset because I had gone public with her affairs as a boxing groupie. She was coerced by Bill Haney to be bold enough to come up in my face and pour a drink on me, which she did. I almost lost it; my initial reaction had me grabbing her by her hair. My fighter Kevin Newman pulled her away without foul or without any harm having happened to her. I thank God that Kevin was between us because I can't say I would have just let her get away with that type of behavior without a response, without retaliation if you will.

I'm thankful that Kevin was there because I'm sure I would have been portrayed as the bad guy. I talked to Security employees about the incident and found out it had been caught on camera. Then as the fights came to an end Bill Haney took it upon himself to confront me, in an attempt to discuss what had transpired. I told him I didn't want to talk about it because I didn't want to talk to him. A big commotion followed, and there were lots of kids around while all this was taking place, any one of them could have gotten hurt. I just wanted to leave and go home, and I was about to do that when all of a sudden one of Haney's goons, Landen Williams, sucker-punched me and took off running.​
                    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X