Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith Urges Showboating Star Ben Whittaker To Be More Respectful

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was callum I'd get a floor to ceiling ball, I don't know if he's ever seen one before as he is stiff upright, it's not to late to learn to move your head. It's hit and not get hit after all. He should try and fight that Parker guy he's well beatable.

Comment

Originally posted by brettWall View Post
      I don't mind showboating at all. You only dislike it because he wins. You celebrate when he loses. And that's the fun part. You should complain, instead, about his level of opponents, nothing else. Stop crying and give him KO artists, top talents, champions, etc.
      This pretty much. Some people like the showboating and will watch him for that. Others don't and will enjoy watching him get beat up.

As for it being disrespectful? Fighters regularly disrespect each other. Even the fathers and promoters are getting into it these days.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
        Callum Smith 175k insta followers compared to whittakers 1.5mil. Showmanship = followers, which counts when it comes to negotiating pay checks for fights and promotional contracts. After all everyones in it to get paid.
        That is legit point. But again, there is a very easy line between show boating and being magnetic versus being disrespectful to a fellow boxer. It is truly not hard to be polite to someone in the aftermath of a fight. He can do both.

Comment

I agree w Callum here - those guys he is knocking out probably getting less than a thousand bucks and risking brain damage they are so outclassed and he knows he will be set for life. Won’t be sad if he gets checked as he moves up. Hard to root for this guy.

If you are beating up a guy this easily then frankly you have to be a coward not to be upping level. Loma albeit different division was fighting world champions in first few fights because he knew his ability. Whittaker will fall hard IMHO once he really moves up.

Comment

Working...
          X