Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Opposed to Six Judges for Oleksdandr Usyk-Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 something along the lines of gymnastic. throw out the highest and lowest or in boxing rigged cards, one of each fighter. have a 3rd party pick the judges and the judges have no contact with teams before the fight. it's doable for the big fights like this. business as usual for small fights

Comment

Probably but I think he'll knock the little Russian out

Comment

Get Sulamin out of the sport nothing but a crook
        thack thack likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Reminds me of when the camera caught Abel being told "It's a draw" before the cards got read after GGG/Canelo 1. Abel said "Draw? That's bull****. Who wants that?" and the response was "Boxing needs that" or something like that
          Yeah that was a crazy thing to hear live on Camera just goes to show the depth of corruption in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            Why 6? Why not an odd number like 5 or 7 or 21?
            100%.

Also why tf are scheduled rd lengths all even. 4, 6, 8, 10, 12. Should be 5, 7, 9, 11, 13.
            Last edited by Eff Pandas; 04-23-2024, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

100%.

Also why tf are scheduled rd lengths all even. 4, 6, 8, 10, 12. Should be 5, 7, 9, 11, 13.
              They claim they went from 15 to 12 for safety, but the actual reason is because you can fit 12 rounds into an hour on TV better.

I assume they didn't do 13 for the same reason there isn't a 13th floor in most buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll

That’s probably too unrealistic to do.

Making smaller 18’ x 18’ foot rings be the standard size could go a long way to getting more action and less running. And that seems more doable.
                That 18x18 ring in the Beterbiev/Smith card....every fight on that card was fun.

Comment

I'm opposed to six judges, but would support six referees.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

They claim they went from 15 to 12 for safety, but the actual reason is because you can fit 12 rounds into an hour on TV better.

I assume they didn't do 13 for the same reason there isn't a 13th floor in most buildings.
                    Aint no TV no more. Everyone is streaming.

Whatever rds they schedule should be an odd number tho even if the got superstitions about 13. Esp lower length fights. Draws suck. And you greatly lower the possibility of draws with odd number rds.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Aint no TV no more. Everyone is streaming.

Whatever rds they schedule should be an odd number tho even if the got superstitions about 13. Esp lower length fights. Draws suck. And you greatly lower the possibility of draws with odd number rds.
                      I agree with you. I’d love for them to go back to 15. Just saying why they won’t do 13, and 11 would suck lol

Comment

Working...
                      X