No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beaten Haney Ready To 'Run It Back'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    I read an article stating Haney looked "HORRIBLE" at the weigh-in! He's done at 140, and won't have the strength to fight at the top level @ 147! The only question is what does Ryan do now? Does he try to make 140, and fight Teofimo Lopez or Subriel Matias? I hope so, but I doubt it! I think he'll probably fight Pitbull for his title? That will sell plenty of PPVs!
    so haney looked horrible at the 135 weight in's, now the same at 140, maybe the guy just looks horrible no matter what lol
    Sabiondo Sabiondo JimmyBX JimmyBX like this.

Comment

I actually don't want to see rematch. I thought Haney's chin was suspect after Linares cracked it and after seeing this fight, he will be on his bike all night. It will be a boring fight with no upside for Garcia

Comment

I’m still high off that beating Ryan gave Haney! Team Haney took 3 L’s, lol.
        (Haney beat to a pulp, Ref interference didn’t work, PBC judge scoring that mismatch a draw didn’t work)

Comment

For the 144 pound title!

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

so haney looked horrible at the 135 weight in's, now the same at 140, maybe the guy just looks horrible no matter what lol
            And for the same reasons! Supposedly before this with Garcia, Haney was 170+. When he fought Prograis, he rehydrated to 156! Don't know what his weight was last night? Cutting 30lbs. for a fight is NOT A GOOD LOOK! Haney needs to be at 147, but his team doesn't believe he'll be effective as a WW! After last night, his career is effectively over! Who's paying to see Haney vs. Sandor Martin? What network would show that fight, ESPN??? Why would Teo, Pitbull, or Matias, fight Haney now? His only hope is Ryan gives him a rematch at a catch-weight! Oscar knows Pitbull, Teofimo, and Matias are all better fights for KingRy, especially Pitbull! Haney is in a really bad spot!

Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Louie View Post
              Good: Upsets are fan-friendly events; I'm liking it for this reason alone.
              Good: Bill Haney might shut his piehole for a minute now.
              Good: Not a bad outcome overall for boxing. Interest in the sport among casuals should increase a bit.
              Good: Devin Haney exposed. His quest for greatness will have to take a humble path now.
              Good: Garcia seems willing to fight anyone, so with his new star status, maybe the other guys will be more willing to get in the ring.

Bad: The run-up to the rematch will be whack. Who doesn't like a little crazy now and then but I've had my fill of cringe with this one.
              Agree with all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                And for the same reasons! Supposedly before this with Garcia, Haney was 170+. When he fought Prograis, he rehydrated to 156! Don't know what his weight was last night? Cutting 30lbs. for a fight is NOT A GOOD LOOK! Haney needs to be at 147, but his team doesn't believe he'll be effective as a WW! After last night, his career is effectively over! Who's paying to see Haney vs. Sandor Martin? What network would show that fight, ESPN??? Why would Teo, Pitbull, or Matias, fight Haney now? His only hope is Ryan gives him a rematch at a catch-weight! Oscar knows Pitbull, Teofimo, and Matias are all better fights for KingRy, especially Pitbull! Haney is in a really bad spot!
                its all ups and downs with these guys

one fight one guy is up the next down

one guy loses to one & beats another

its often a style and size thing really seems to me anyway

Comment

Garcia has to go to welterweight and should not waste time worrying about whether to rematch Haney for his worthless belt at 140 lbs. Let him hang on to it.

Comment

Garcia v Matias at 47?

Comment

I don't want to see a rematch, lets see what fights can be made at 147 for Ryan. Haney will be very gunshy and holding alot in a rematch, Ryan will be very confident and for good reason probably stop him.

Comment

Working...
                      X