Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 'Who's The Crazy One Now?' Asks Garcia After Win Over Haney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No excuses, NONE are acceptable here. Garcia put on the biggest ACT of crazy since the lead up to Ali vs Liston 1! I knew he was ready because you don't go through an 8 weeks training camp/ preparation with mental health issues and don't bolt from camp. No leaks coming out about Garcia not showing up or taking preparation seriously etc.....
    when Delahoya and Hopkins said he was working hard they meant it and even at the weigh in with the apple juice supposedly being beer, that was such an obvious case of trolling and clowning the so called experts and his legion of haters who flood social media thinking of the worst things they can say to defecate on this kid. Now some are trying to slag him off in the comments sections in boxing communities because s he made them look quite ******. The truth is Haney is not that good. He's a good boxer but yes too light in the @$$. He's not sturdy and the Linares fight gave a glimpse into his inability to defend well and to recover from a good shot. The lomanchenko bout cemented the flaws on Haneys game defensively and to an extent offensively as well. Garcia knew this and Derrick James had this kid prepared with the right strategy to exploit Haney and it worked to perfection . No one should have any excuse to try and slag off Garcias victory and its good to see that all the legion of critics and the worst haters who went into overtime crapping om him, look mighty ****** Rigjt about now.

Comment

Originally posted by Raimondo View Post
      this is a funny shocker. nice win for a social media boxer. both of these guys should fight at 154 lbs
      I don’t know why people continue to preface him as a “Social Media Boxer.” Is he well known there? Yes. Has he made his millions there? Yes. However, he started fighting at 7. He won over 120 bouts. He is a 15x National Amateur Champion. A 3x National Golden Gloves Champion. Has now beaten a professional World Champion. Your snideness is as if he is Jake Paul. He proved last night that he’s now a boxer first and trolled everyone. People weren’t listening.
      Last edited by Boxingfanatic75; 04-21-2024, 07:57 AM.

Comment

"I’m not doing 140, I’m doing 147. My body can’t go lower than 143. It’s impossible. I’ve tried every technique. I can’t do it.”

So, if Haney wants a rematch, it's at CW or 147?

Comment

Originally posted by Plick647 View Post
          so the beer was more important than 3 pounds...?
          He never intended doing weight, he said the beer was "apple cider and sparkling water". He'd really have to be crazy to drink a beer or as he says "drink every night". Everybody believed his antics.

Comment

He won but his mental health is still a train wreck in the offing. A talented lad but he needs to get his mind right.
            Last edited by Ropeydope; 04-21-2024, 08:49 AM.
            Calibaloc Calibaloc likes this.

Comment

i respect ryan for using the haters to fuel this fight. it's stressful to be in the spotlight all the time. hope he takes care of his mental health. a good therapist can work wonders.
              Calibaloc Calibaloc likes this.

Comment

Nobody noticed the sudden mood changes during the post fight interviews. The dude is going through a major mental breakdown of some sorts. Looks like drugs to me or maybe alcohol.

Anyway cong**** to Ryan but honestly I wasn't neither too impressed sith neither. I really don't know how Haney has made it this far the dude is mediocre AF.

Comment

Lets not start acting like the poormans Alex Jones, fragile mental health, quit vs Tank, came in 3lbs over guy isn't off his rocker cuz he won a fight. Its not like ppl were expecting Ryan to bite Haney or quit or do something ****** tonight out of the fooking blue.

Comment

Ok it may have been merited before in the past, referring to Garcia as a social media fighter based on his actions prior but..... he has since took on tank Davis at a handicap( a rehydration clause) for the good of the sport and recommitted himself to taking his talent seriously by taking on Derrik James as his trainer and he has shown some improvement in his game. More work still needs to be done but the addition of James was smart and shows that Garcia recognizes he needed to pull it together and not waste his talent. He's been dealing with personal issues that he himself has indicated to at the post fight press conference, which shows He's not mentally weak because a mentally weak 25 year old would not have the grit to go through 8 weeks of hard training for such a pivotal bout and handle the enormous mental pressure of such a large social media base and otherwise, of critics waiting and salivating at the mouth for you to fail. To crash and burn in such a large and open public platform like a boxing ring. This tells me that Garcia does indeed have grit. Its easy to slag off a fighter from behind a laptop and keep a narrative going especially given how this and the previous generation operates now. And to pull off such a calculated and saavy psyche job on casuals, so called boxing experts, other fighters past and present and the media by playing the "unhinged act" tells me that Garcia has more going for him than people would give him credit for. He kept talking about the gate and the need to get ticket sales going. That was one of a few dead give aways that this was an act. What he is, is SHREWD. And he played everyone PERFECTLY. And now he beat a fighter who was hot on an undefeated win streak, the toast of the boxing world and who could box quite well in spite of how he got his first title. He beat an elite fighter prepped for bigger things and whom was willing to fight the best. So NO, GARCIA IS NOT A social media fighter. That label can't apply anymore and it would be foolish and sour g****s to and petty to slag him off and keep that narrative going. I do believe he does have personal issues he needs to resolve but CRAZY? Thats someone who is TOTALLY detached from all facets of reality. No Garcia is not crazy, he's SHREWD and saavy as they come for a guy his age.Boxings version of Connor McGregor but who actually walks the walk.

Comment

Come on. Ryan is still nutz.

Comment

Working...
                      X