Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider yourself a die hard boxing fan or casual?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve been a boxing fan since Ali-Frazier II. I was just a kid. My attention to the sport has ebbed and flowed over the years, depending on various factors — mostly how great the competition was. I’m not a die-hard, but I’m far from casual. My casual friends used to rely on me for fight info. I’ve trained and sparred, and actually know how to score a fight. Never ceases to amaze me how many guys here, who don’t consider themselves casual, don’t know how to score a boxing match.
    BoxOfficer BoxOfficer likes this.

Comment

Serious casual

Comment

More casual than hardcores

more hardcore than casuals

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
          I once heard someone say Bruce Lee was the greatest fighter of all time
          That was you mudabish

Comment

Since HBO went down , Im a casual

Comment

Used to keep up with it religiously. Im pretty casual now.

Comment

I like boxing. Isn’t that enough?

Comment

Considering the shape boxing is in now, knowing everyone on the televised undercard makes you a hardcore. If you're familiar with the entire undercard you're probably some type of degenerate with nothing better to do.

Comment

Outside of a few boxers, most boxers are unknown to casuals. If a self proclaimed casual knows who Naoya Inoue or Oleksandr Usyk are, i’m impressed. If they’ve seen fights of Frank Sanchez and Filip Hrgovic, and know who they are, I would see them as being above a casual.

If they are “younger” fans and have seen fights from the 60s-90s, I would consider them hardcore because that means you have to go on youtube and go out of your way to look for these fights and sit there and watch them. That’s hardcore, even if they’re just watching the old big fights. That’s still hardcore. The younger gen is now sitting there watching tik tok and stuff.

Casuals don’t just sit there searching for old fights to watch on youtube.

Comment

I was very hardcore back in the day. You had so many channels airing fights frequently that you were able to follow a lot of fighters throughout their career either they won a title or not. Now there is not so much boxing like it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X