Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider yourself a die hard boxing fan or casual?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you consider yourself a die hard boxing fan or casual?

11 fights, 22 fighters and I'm only familiar with 4 names; Haney, Garcia, Barbosa and Derevyanchenko and that's it.

I used to believe that I was a die hard boxing fan since I'm a fan since 1990 (starting with Chavez-Taylor) and I haven't missed more than a handful of championship fights since then but this make wonder if I'm not.

Let me hear from you...with how many names in this card are you familiar?​

Originally posted by Jdasilva2012 View Post
    11 fights, 22 fighters and I'm only familiar with 4 names; Haney, Garcia, Barbosa and Derevyanchenko and that's it.

I used to believe that I was a die hard boxing fan since I'm a fan since 1990 (starting with Chavez-Taylor) and I haven't missed more than a handful of championship fights since then but this make wonder if I'm not.

Let me hear from you...with how many names in this card are you familiar?​
    Conpared to people on here, probably a casual, but im more knowledgeable than the real casual fans. You know the ones who say **** like, "Who would win, Tyson or Mayweather ?"
    Last edited by boxingfan91; 04-20-2024, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I once heard someone say Bruce Lee was the greatest fighter of all time

Comment

I wouldn’t say I’m super familiar with them all, but there’s only two fighters I dont recall seeing fight.

The Diombe guy fighting Bek the Bully and the guy fighting Shamar Canal

Comment

im probably somewhere in between

Comment

I've seen 13 of them fight, probably numerous times for the most part. Only guys I've not seen are some B sides & a few of the A side guys with not as many fights. And its possible I've seen a few of them before & just don't recall them.

Comment

If you were one of the ones watching a choppy stream of German boxing a 1pm during the era Wlad was champion....you might be a hardcore fan

Comment

Hard to define where I fit in. More interested in technical info, though a fan of a few guys...

Strictly thinking from a fan perspective I'm probably a casual.

Comment

there isn't a single fight that is remotely interesting to me on tonight's undercard. this seems to be the norm these days but tonight's card is especially garbage. i read the headlines on the main page but i rarely click the articles anymore. the quality of journalism on here has really gone downhill since they got rid of hans themistode...believe it or not

Comment

casual now,... arent that many good fights now and the ones that are you have to pay PPV... the bookies have haney v garcia as a mismatch but id have to pay £20 to watch it even as its being aired at 4am over here in UK

Comment

Working...
                    X