Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a Ryan Garcia win be good or bad for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

In which fight did Garcia “definitely prove himself”? As far as I know, he’s fought exactly one quality fighter so far (Tank) and in that fight, he pulled a quit job.
    He hasn’t. That’s why I only mentioned Haney.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

I don't think so. I think his base is his base.
      I think he’s could potentially be the biggest star in boxing, he just doesn’t have the talent to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

I think he’s could potentially be the biggest star in boxing, he just doesn’t have the talent to back it up.
        Talent doesn't matter when it comes to being a star

Comment

If Garcia was to somehow win, his subsequent downfall would be that much worse. He's his own worst enemy, the unexpected success would fuel more bad behavior and decision-making. He'd most likely lose his next fight if he even managed to get past all the drugs, mental health crises and ****** behavior.

Comment

Talent doesn't matter when it comes to being a star
            Winning and losing does though. I don’t see Ryan ever being good enough to win a big fight to take him to the next level.

Comment

Horrendous. The guy probably isn't the draw he used to be any more and he's extremely unprofessional.
              So you don't want to see him get knocked out?

He can play the bad guy, and long as he get his, the fans will be happy to watch it.

Comment

From a commercial standpoint obviously good. He is way more marketable than Haney.

Comment

Ryan Garcia seems intent on being a chaotic fxck-up. I know a good portion of the audience enjoys tuning in to watch a train wreck, but I'm not interested. Haney may not be the most entertaining, but his discipline and overall consistency is what any business/sport needs. Garcia has continuously shown us he doesn't have the maturity and mental stability to handle the spotlight, and he only wants to be fast-tracked to big opportunities without undergoing the building process. He wasn't ready for the Davis fight and he's not ready for this one either. He knows his career will have no longevity so he's always seeking shortcuts. He finally got a title shot and found a way to ruin it. I think Boxing is better off if Haney puts on a spectacular performance and makes an example out of Garcia.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 04-20-2024, 07:50 AM.
                  PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

Why is Ryan even a star? because he is " a good looking man"? Since when is boxing a beauty contest?

I am really old school boxing fan. I can`t see why is he a star. If chicks find him being ***y and handsome, fine, but that is not a boxing category. Not for me.

Comment

let's go babeee!!!
                      Screenshot_20240420_065139_Chrome.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X