No announcement yet.

WBC and WBA both facilitating the Canelo Protection Program

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBC and WBA both facilitating the Canelo Protection Program

Hat-tip to drablj for bringing this to my attention. Key passage is quoted below. It's hard not to interpret this as an inducement to avoid having to call a difficult mandatory on Canelo and risk having to strip him.

The approval was made with specific conditions, among which is that Morrell must vacate his super middleweight title if he wins his 175-pound bout
    It's also a slap in the face to Beterbiev and Bivol. These guys have fulfilled all their mandatories and deserve to hold all four belts cleanly, without 'interim' and 'regular' belt holders beneath them.

This is a scandal that requires boxing media attention. But yeah, let's worry about Ryan Garcia's latest tweet instead.

Was there any confusion on this til today?

-These belt groups are corrupt.

-These belt groups care more about their 3% sanctioning fee, thats bigger under a guy like Canelo, than the integrity of the sport.

-These belt groups will flip a previous rule upside down to help a guy who'll give than a nicer 3% cut or hurt a guy who'd give them a lesser 3% cut if hes a big enough threat to win over the bigger 3% guy.

-These belt groups are damaging the sport daily with their lack of morals & trust even when they aren't actively helping certain guys & hurting other guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Was there any confusion on this til today?
      Not for me, but I prefer to find empirical evidence to support my claim rather than baldly assert "they corrupt, bruh".

Does that adequately explain to you my intent?

Comment

FYI crimsonfalcon07

Comment

is there some rule about holding titles in 2 different classes at the same time?

if he is even doing that of course........

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Not for me, but I prefer to find empirical evidence to support my claim rather than baldly assert "they corrupt, bruh".

There was already literal tons of empirical evidence that the WBA/C are corrupt beyond repair.

Both are famous for not following their own rules.
            The WBA regular belt is a classic example. For most of its existence, it was essentially purgatory, as the Regular champ wasn't originally entitled to a shot at the real champ, and couldn't unify with the champs from other organizations because it's a secondary belt. It's only good for the Tank Davis types who want to pretend they're world champs but never actually have to fight top competition.

It's disappointing that Morrell is going to end up in the same position in the 175 lb division if he wins, although at least when the new undisputed champ vacates and moves up, he'll hopefully be the sole WBA champ finally. Then maybe he'll get the real belt after defending the email one.

But it's pretty obvious after 3 years that the WBA isn't going to order their mandatory v Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
              is there some rule about holding titles in 2 different classes at the same time?

Yes. C9 of the WBA rules says "an Association champion can only have one world title in one division at the same time".
              Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Theres decades of evidence. Where you been?

Ppl don't casually hate these belt groups cuz reasons. Its built upon years & years & years of bs they've thrust upon the sport.

Comment

hes only been mando for 3 years with the wba, if u are in line with a shot at the king surely another year or 2 is the correct choice

so the ginger king has shaken off the fight everyone wanted to see, benny & now another guy waiting could be ejected, ginger is like a master chess player, he doesnt even need to move the pieces (pawns), others do it for him

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

tank held 3 wba belts simultaneously (130, 135, 140) but they can't wait to strip morrell. the right move would be to strip crawford because he won't ever fight stanionis. they should immediatelly order cruz - barroso. that way 2 secondary titles would be removed (which they stated was their plan few years ago).

Comment

Working...
                    X