Comments Thread For: Assessing The Exodus Of Big Fights To Saudi Arabia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeBron Lamez View Post

Oh, honey...

All jokes aside though, it all just is what it is so I'll take high quality cards over hidden-agenda hypocrisy & enforced regime change any day lol.

It's like the old rap song says: "handle your business before your business handles you".
    An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.

Don’t turn a blind eye to the victims of the Saudi government (or of the American government for that matter) just because they have the money to entertain you.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

Because a fight happens in Saudi you have to watch it on a phone? What?

Boxing has always been run by rich douchebags, at least this one is making the fights people want.
      Have you read the article? Do you go see live boxing? Do you know who this arab guy is? Do you know what Saudi Arabia is trying to do? Either you have and you do, and then you're a troll, or you don't and then you're just an idiot.

Comment

Having seen plenty of live fights and televised fights too , the truth is that you can see the actual fight much better on t.v. Sure , the " atmosphere " isn't the same , but it comes down to what you value more , the atmosphere or being able to see what is happening in the ring from the best angles.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post

Have you read the article? Do you go see live boxing? Do you know who this arab guy is? Do you know what Saudi Arabia is trying to do? Either you have and you do, and then you're a troll, or you don't and then you're just an idiot.
          Of course I read the article, your comments were dumb just the same. Just because one person watches boxing on his phone, doesn't mean the rest of us have to. You didn't answer my one simple question but you asked me 4 questions. Nice attempt at deflection but you still seem ****** and confused. Perhaps you're too much of an idiot to actually make a point. Or to figure out how to work a TV. Have fun watching boxing on your phone clown.
          Last edited by Clegg; 04-18-2024, 03:15 PM.

Comment

There's no "exodus". None of those fights would have happened at all without the Saudis. It's a bonanza of big fights being made by the Saudis since they're not beholden to the petty squabbling by the big promoters and networks. Look at the "big fights" being put on ppv elsewhere. Fights like "Haney v Prograis", "Tszyu v Fundora". The last big non Saudi fights were Spence v Crawford and Garcia v Tank, and the random Canelo crap fights. Boxing fans should be glad to get whatever big fights we get from the Saudi sports washing, because it's not going to last. Only an idiot like Tank or Ruiz jr would price himself out of the temporary big paydays to be had here.

Comment

Of course I read the article, your comments were dumb just the same. Just because one person watches boxing on his phone, doesn't mean the rest of us have to. You didn't answer my one simple question but you asked me 4 questions. Nice attempt at deflection but you still seem ****** and confused. Perhaps you're too much of an idiot to actually make a point. Or to figure out how to work a TV. Have fun watching boxing on your phone clown.
              The rhetoric you're using to try and hide the fact you have no clue what is going on are as bad as the one used by Algieri trying to convince us that Saudis coming into boxing is a great thing now that the world has changed after covid and you can watch boxing on your phone.

Comment

“There’s a barrier to entry in going to fights now,” Algieri said. “I’m not going on a plane to Saudi Arabia to watch a fight … but there is another option. Everything is right here.” Algieri said that while holding up his phone. And to think you have 28 000 posts. God.. Haven't you any real friends to tell you to stop humiliating yourself?

Comment

“There’s a barrier to entry in going to fights now,” Algieri said. “I’m not going on a plane to Saudi Arabia to watch a fight … but there is another option. Everything is right here.” Algieri said that while holding up his phone. And to think you have 28 000 posts. God.. Haven't you any real friends to tell you to stop humiliating yourself?
                  Reading comprehension not your strong point is it? Read the post you are quoting where I said "Just because one person watches boxing on his phone, doesn't mean the rest of us have to". Maybe it would help you to sober up and trying reading it again. Might take a few days as the intelligence level in your posts suggests you've been drinking hand sanitiser or some kind of industrial strength cleaning product for quite some time.

Just because Algieri watched a fight on his phone, doesn't change the fact that most people don't watch the Saudi cards that way. Do you understand this simple point? I already made it in my last post but you somehow missed it. Not sure how more I can dumb it down for you, but I'm sure you'll reply with confusion again.

The rhetoric you're using to try and hide the fact you have no clue what is going on are as bad as the one used by Algieri trying to convince us that Saudis coming into boxing is a great thing now that the world has changed after covid and you can watch boxing on your phone.
                  Please, educate me on what exactly you think is going on?

Comment

Reading comprehension not your strong point is it? Read the post you are quoting where I said "Just because one person watches boxing on his phone, doesn't mean the rest of us have to". Maybe it would help you to sober up and trying reading it again. Might take a few days as the intelligence level in your posts suggests you've been drinking hand sanitiser or some kind of industrial strength cleaning product for quite some time.

Just because Algieri watched a fight on his phone, doesn't change the fact that most people don't watch the Saudi cards that way. Do you understand this simple point? I already made it in my last post but you somehow missed it. Not sure how more I can dumb it down for you, but I'm sure you'll reply with confusion again.

Please, educate me on what exactly you think is going on?
                    I just don't have time to make your IPP , nor the patience for the elaborate powerpoint you would need to understand it. The learning disabilities that cripple you have taken most of your lifetime to reach the level they are at, and all of my teaching knowledge would not be sufficient. Maybe ask Algieri..

Comment

Working...
                    X