Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dubois Hopes To Make Hrgovic Eat His Words And Send Unbeaten Croat Into Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingUpdates View Post
    Daniel Dubois, 20-2 (19 KOs) enjoyed a coming-of-age moment against Jarrell Miller last December. The 26-year-old showed the mentality to bite down on his mouthpiece and fight through adversity before landing a 10th and final-round stoppage against the American.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Lots of posters sleeping on Dubois. I have him winning this comfortably- stoppage before midway

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post

Miller made Dubois uncomfortable. It wasnt an easy win but it should have been.
      Dubois was very uncomfortable with what was happening in there but Miller was simply too fat to keep the pressure on and gassed around the 4th then got picked off.

Comment

I respect any boxer who picks himself up after losses. DuBois has done that. Good on him. But Hrgovic has everything to lose here, and has his whole future on the line. He NEEDS this fight. I can see this going 12. But I think the fundamentally sound and focused Hrgovic hurts and controls a flawed fighter like DuBois. Hrgovic is certainly beatable, and DuBois will be his second best opponent so this is not the most certain of a pick I have ever made, but I just see way more ways for Hrgovic to win.

Comment

Having his hands full with a non-juiced walking punch bag Miller is not a good confidence booster.

Comment

I gave him a mulligan for the Joyce fight. He quit but that eye socket was broken. You only have 2 eyes but he took 3 knees against Lerena (who is a small HW). He then got stopped by a jab against Usyk. Beating a fat Miller is not that big of a deal. Hrgovic is still untested at the top level outside the Zhang fight. I thought he lost that fight. I’m still not convinced Hrgovic is a top contender until he beats a few more top 20 HWs. I favour Hrgovic over Dubois but i’m about 60/40 for Hrgovic. Good matchup…

Comment

Hrgovic should win this in the late rounds with TKO. He has better reach / longer arms and has confidence because of the former sparring sessions

Comment

Working...
              X