No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas: Turki Alalshikh Is The Face Of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas: Turki Alalshikh Is The Face Of Boxing

The honor is usually reserved for a fighter ruling their weight class by brute force, offering a larger-than-life personality and talent that seems limitless. No longer, according to Teddy Atlas. The new face of boxing is a man behind sunglasses who isn't prone to interviews and doesn't even fight. By staging both the undisputed heavyweight championship and undisputed light-heavyweight title in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, within a two-week span starting May 18, Saudi Arabia's Turki Alalshikh has risen to become the most significant man in the sport, Atlas claimed on Tuesday's episode of ProBox TV's "Deep Waters."
    [Click Here To Read More]

He’s not wrong. But when you’re a huge boxing fan and a billionaire, you can stage whatever fight you want. Money makes things way easier.

Comment

Boxing needed a IM steroid injection to rev up the industry and make some actual fights.
      blackbakers blackbakers likes this.

Comment

I like these cards a lot, but this may be a better short term thing.

Imho may and pac level money started the fighters not wanting to do anything but coast into a golden ticket fight with the cash cow. Alvarez has kept that torch burning nicely.

I'm afraid if the Saudis pull out at some point it's going to crash hard. It's almost like a new crappy layer of the promotional battles ffs. Canelo will fight DB, but only for saudi money is an example.

Again, in my opinion, we need to address fighters making/expecting too much money. Not saying if they earn it they shouldn't get it, but Alvarez and ggg made dazn lose money. I think pbc may be regretting the canelo signing now. Alvarez and ggg should make huge amounts fighting each other, that's where the interest is, not steve rolls or jermell.

Boxing was always a business, but until the Mayweather era it was never even close to this bad. Hell, if you divide his career in two, the first half is what boxing should be.
        Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Only beating the best will give you the big money fights and ofcourse being entertaining. Not be feather-fisted like Haney and Shakur.
          Last edited by boxingitis; 04-17-2024, 11:26 AM.
          elcompachuy elcompachuy likes this.

Comment

yep. and daytime boxing on Saturday is awesome.

Comment

Teddy Atlas, a NYC native comes off as so righteous, but he seems to have forgotten that 15 of the 19, 9/11 hijackers were Saudi Nationals. I guess money will do that.

Comment

Eh idk about that. Idk that the face of boxing is ever a non-boxer.

He's clearly the new money guy tho.

Comment

Teddy Atlas is the face of VODKA

Comment

Originally posted by El_Feroz99 View Post
                    Boxing was always a business, but until the Mayweather era it was never even close to this bad.
                    I feel like boxing was always a business for everyone EXCEPT boxers til Floyd showed guys how you can max out your own upside. There were guys before who did it, most notably SRL, but that was another time, another era. Floyd wrote the blueprint for this eras fighters getting the most from their talent. And I think it was bound to happen cuz boxers were getting fooked over in lotsa ways & ending up broke once their careers were over. That needed to end.

Comment

Working...
                    X