Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

that was then and this is now

May-Pac - 5 years too late
    Stevenson-Kovalev - never made
    Canelo-Benavidez
    Stevenson vs Haney
    Wilder vs AJ 4 years ago

all fights that would've gottent made with more money in the pot and less politics
    HA....HA....HAAAAA...You took the bait Mr M! Let's dissect....MAY vs PAC took 5 years for a reason. Yes we wish it didn't take that long but the powers that be knew this was a once in a generation fight taht had to be done right for all parties to benefit and it delivered. The fight grossed more than 600 million dollars...FOR A 36 MINUTE FIGHT!!!!! UNPRECEDENTED Mr M!!! Only in America could that have been done and only by Showtime, HBO and their investors. That could've never been done by Turki dee Smurkey! KOVALEV vs STEVENSON because Kathy Duva/ Main events pulled Kovalev out of the purse bid because she was scared Kovalev a.k.a. vodka boy, was going to lose to Adonis (who was very good then) and Kovakev was her last star on HBO and if he lost then HBO was done with her. Also when Stevenson signed with PBC then HBO wanted no part of dealing with Haymon and the fight was dead.....CANELO vs BENNY & SHAKUR vs HANEY & WILDER vs AJ can all be summed up in one word...DAZN!!!! Americans were already used to the 'cold war' between Show & HBO but enter DAZN and now a third option is on the table for fighters. in 2017 AJ was a Showtime fighter on a collision course with Wilder until DAZN came in and signed AJ to a lifetime deal and killed the fight. Canelo signs with DAZN and felt he could just fight bum azz Euros and ignore his American fights. And if there was no Dazn then Haney would only have PBC and TR as an option and the Shakur fight would've happened by now. BLAME DAZN!!!!!

Comment

yeah - his excellency is stomach churning - but I don't see anyone saying the Saudis are going to put the Yanks out of business - that's you making that up - what is being said is that most of the very biggest fights are happening in S.A now and as long as Turki keeps throwing stupid money around that's likely to continue
      Ok then please tell me, as an American boxing fan, what big fights are being made in S.A. Usually big fights to us are PPV events that we throw fight parties on Saturday night withour loved ones and then hear a week later that the fight generated 700k-1 million PPV buys and a 10-15 million dollar gate in Vegas / NYC / LA. So please enlighten me and I'm not being facetious, what big fights had he made or is in the making where Americans will be sitting around a 96" tv on Saturday night watching?

Comment

The one thing I disagree with is that Fury/Usyk Results in someone being crowned the baddest man on the planet. Usyk Simply could never be called that. He is too nuanced and technical. He could achieve legendary status in the sport based on what he has done and what he could do, but he will never be labeled the baddest.

Comment

Originally posted by DClefthook View Post

Ok then please tell me, as an American boxing fan, what big fights are being made in S.A. Usually big fights to us are PPV events that we throw fight parties on Saturday night withour loved ones and then hear a week later that the fight generated 700k-1 million PPV buys and a 10-15 million dollar gate in Vegas / NYC / LA. So please enlighten me and I'm not being facetious, what big fights had he made or is in the making where Americans will be sitting around a 96" tv on Saturday night watching?
          I can't speak for you or the average American fan - but there is another world outside of America. I guess a lot of Americans will tune into Ryan and Haney as they did Tank and Ryan and Bud and Spence - only one of those fights was a 'big' fight for me and when I say 'big' its got nothing to do with 96" TVs - LMAO

big fo rme means a great matchup unifying a division or solving a "who is best debate" - so Bud vs Spence - qualifies as does Usyk vs Fury and Beter-Bivol - but I appreciate the last 2 don't hold much appeal for you - but there's a whole other world out there

Comment

HA....HA....HAAAAA...You took the bait Mr M! Let's dissect....MAY vs PAC took 5 years for a reason. Yes we wish it didn't take that long but the powers that be knew this was a once in a generation fight taht had to be done right for all parties to benefit and it delivered. The fight grossed more than 600 million dollars...FOR A 36 MINUTE FIGHT!!!!! UNPRECEDENTED Mr M!!! Only in America could that have been done and only by Showtime, HBO and their investors. That could've never been done by Turki dee Smurkey! KOVALEV vs STEVENSON because Kathy Duva/ Main events pulled Kovalev out of the purse bid because she was scared Kovalev a.k.a. vodka boy, was going to lose to Adonis (who was very good then) and Kovakev was her last star on HBO and if he lost then HBO was done with her. Also when Stevenson signed with PBC then HBO wanted no part of dealing with Haymon and the fight was dead.....CANELO vs BENNY & SHAKUR vs HANEY & WILDER vs AJ can all be summed up in one word...DAZN!!!! Americans were already used to the 'cold war' between Show & HBO but enter DAZN and now a third option is on the table for fighters. in 2017 AJ was a Showtime fighter on a collision course with Wilder until DAZN came in and signed AJ to a lifetime deal and killed the fight. Canelo signs with DAZN and felt he could just fight bum azz Euros and ignore his American fights. And if there was no Dazn then Haney would only have PBC and TR as an option and the Shakur fight would've happened by now. BLAME DAZN!!!!!
            I never met someone who hated an app before - there's always a first though - never rule anything out

Comment

Yea feather fisted fighters aren't that entertaining but they sure are more pleasing to watch than some stupid, no skilled, concrete feet, stiff neck clown who thinks that rock-em-sock-em robot is a great fighting style. 99% of whom come from the southwestern portion of the country. WINK WINK!
              Sure everyone was so entertained or PLEASED with Shakur running a marathon. Shakur "Melatonin" Stevenson.
              You get wet about Devin beating
              Gamboa, Linares, Loma, Regis, all over 34 years of age.
              Last edited by boxingitis; 04-17-2024, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Sure everyone was so entertained or PLEASED with Shakur running a marathon. Shakur "Melatonin" Stevenson.
                You get wet about Devin beating
                Gamboa, Linares, Loma, Regis, all over 34 years of age.
                who are you pleased with Ryan beating?

Comment

I never met someone who hated an app before - there's always a first though - never rule anything out
                  For the 117th time....I don't hate the app...I hate that another network came in and gave the fighters another excuse to not fight each other.
                  SteveM SteveM likes this.

Comment

and if I hated Dazn so much i wouldnt be paying 80 bucks for this PPV just like I did all the other Dazn PPVs with Canelo and Haney
                    SteveM SteveM likes this.

Comment

who are you pleased with Ryan beating?
                      Honestly I thought he was going to lose to Duno, Campbell, and Duarte, yet he stopped them all.

If he catches Devin, Devis is going down. His speed is probably the fastest in boxing, his skills not so much. Tell me who is faster than Ryan?

I also think he is most likely going to lose to Devin.
                      Last edited by boxingitis; 04-17-2024, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X