Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malik Scott And Deontay Wilder 'Ashamed' Of Parker Performance, Vow Wilder Of Old Will Return Against Zhang

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With respect to Malik, Parker did not do just enough, he did more than enough to win the rounds.

Pretry much pitched a shutout.

Comment

Boxing is a brutal sport. Sportsmanship is of utmost importance in boxing. It's what makes the sport beautiful and not barbaric. Wilder broke an over 100 plus years tradition of all the past great fighters, that when u lose, you be gracious in defeat and make no excuses. He did the ***** playbook and would not admit Fury whooped his ass under any circumstances. He claimed it was 1) his costume, 2) oil on fury's body, 3) the referree was against him, 4) juju(voodoo), 5) egg weights in fury's gloves, 6) fury using his weight to lean on wilder and make him tired, 7) he even accused his own trainer of spiking his water bottle. And he made a bunch of other excuses and conspiracy theories. He claimed his skull was dented. He claimed he had proof and said he would show the world this proof. The so-called proof never came and he slinked away and was real quiet for a year or so while he healed up from that asswhipping. Once he showed me he was a sore loser, I haven't had any love for wilder. I already thought he was annoying, ignorant, loud and obnoxious. But when he slandered Breland's name like that and never showed any proof Breland spiked his water bottle, Wilder can go to hell. I always root for him to get his brains knocked out for all that bs he did. Chinese Powerrrrrrr!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano
        Wilder ain't never lost to any flithy asians and ain't gonna start now.
        Lol - just took a couple of beatdowns and was obliterated by a Fat Gypsy!!

Comment

They won 1 fight together I believe? Malik tries to make Wilder use the jab and other boxing basics when Wilder has none! Bird legs was better when he was raw and throwing windmills

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

He looked fine against Helenius. When he fights bums he looks fine and Knocks them out. When he fights good fighters he looks terrible and loses. This is why they matched him so soft for so long. They managed to create a lot of hype for a guy with a much worse resume than Andy ruiz. I'm sure if you made a poll who is better wilder or ruiz wilder might win it. That's the power of hype and marketing. As a fighter he was Mediocre at best.
            Wilder is one of the best heavyweights of the 21st century, and made more successful title defenses of any title claimant during the century. He took 2 years off leading up to Parker. The other best of the century, Lewis, Klitschko, Ortiz, Joshua, Fury, Usyk, Whyte; they'd all be handicapped the same way. You hate Wilder, black folks, The US, whatever. Own that.

Comment

Originally posted by MusoMeanderings View Post

To be fair, they drew first blood.
              Great movie. There’s a new one, Rambo V: The fight for VA benefits. The underlying theme is Jon is attempting to get his disability rating up
              Last edited by Slip jab; 04-17-2024, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I think Wilder made a wrong turn after his first fight with Stiverne. In that first fight Wilder resembled a boxer, using distance and a really good jab to neutralize Stiverne. In the rematch he simply poleaxed him. The second fight was likely more satisfying and a lot more pleasing to the fans. He never looked back so the skills he had atrophied and he never developed further.

I think it's too late now to go back in time and take a different path

Comment

Right hand or bust

Comment

So far this pairing of Wilder and Scott hasn't worked. They are also being disingenuous to Parker. He boxed well and was in total control...not merely 'doing just enough'.

Comment

Perhaps Wilder is gun shy at this point to be the Wilder of old. He's no longer early 30s and willing to get a little crazy in the ring to get the W. He's been on the canvas multiple times and if his opponents don't respect him and just bring it to him, you feel like Wilder has no game plan when pushed back.

I just don't see why Wilder should even really fight that kind of fight. With the power he has, just go for it all the time. Either you get slowly broken down for the lack of activity or putting it on your opponent, or you just go for it and see if you can slip a bomb in. Wilder throwing punches is always better than Wilder moving on the back foot. His win chance goes up dramatically if he just lets his hands go.

I'm honestly not sure who the heck was in the ring when Wilder faced Parker because that was a Wilder nobody had ever seen before. If he can't bring back the Wilder of old, consider Zhang his retirement fight and last big paycheck.

Comment

Working...
                      X