AOL Boxing chat room back in the day, maybe 1999 to 2004 or so

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOL Boxing chat room back in the day, maybe 1999 to 2004 or so

Were any of you there back then??

If you weren’t there, then you can’t really really know how awesome it was but back in the day the AOL Boxing Chat room every night -and especially on the night of a big fight- was absolutely positively the place to be. If it was around today, you would leave Facebook to go there.

Even SUGAR RAY LEONARD, Floyd Mayweather and Zab Judah used to be in there. (I know all three for a FACT, I helped Sugar Ray create his screen name as a matter fact,)​

Those early days at the turn of the millennium were great for networking.

MySpace then was infinitely better than what Facebook is now.

I wasnt around for the boxing chatter but for music i was hardout jabbering away with a who's who of the 2step/garage, nascent grime and dubstep scene.

Comment

I was.

So was Scott who used to post here (RIP), Poet, Jab and a few others I'm forgetting.

Comment

Nah I was in like teentown trying to exchange class photos with other middle-school aged kids.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I was.

So was Scott who used to post here (RIP), Poet, Jab and a few others I'm forgetting.
          What was your screen name back then? I remember a bunch...DanTheBoof, GUIMBO, Hashart, Rhythe, CRAM83, SMAV4, PhylingPhoenix, CRAZZEDTRUCKER, etc etc

Comment

GYGANTOL, Power1976 and TeamYoel were superstars within the game and they'd be in that chat room frequently...

Comment

I was on there...trying to remember, my family was very late getting a computer/internet. I was a Junior in HS...So I want to say that was 2002?

Back then TSN used to show most of the HBO fights no cost, and I wanted to be the HW champion of the World when I grew up
              ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post

What was your screen name back then? I remember a bunch...DanTheBoof, GUIMBO, Hashart, Rhythe, CRAM83, SMAV4, PhylingPhoenix, CRAZZEDTRUCKER, etc etc
                Dan something, I forget. I'd only just starting using the internet then.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  I was on there...trying to remember, my family was very late getting a computer/internet. I was a Junior in HS...So I want to say that was 2002?

Back then TSN used to show most of the HBO fights no cost, and I wanted to be the HW champion of the World when I grew up
                  You a young pup Rexy
                  As we Italians say , to a 100 more ( a cento anni )
                  Smash Smash _Rexy_ _Rexy_ like this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

You a young pup Rexy
                    As we Italians say , to a 100 more ( a cento anni )
                    You're Italian in Quebec. So you must be in Montreal proper then?

Yeah, I'm 38 (85 baby) People assume I'm older because of the widower thing.
                    Last edited by _Rexy_; 04-16-2024, 09:49 PM.
                    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X