No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hrgovic On Dubois: Our Sparring Was Not So Good For Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackRobb View Post

We don't dominate the heavyweight division, but we do well in most others. Just a few years ago, Wilder was dropping Fury like a bad habit, no? Don't get salty with me because most of your Euros are flawed and have lost.
    Americans don't do well in any divisions where the men are above the size of teenage girls.

Heavyweight is dominated by Europeans and has been for decades, cruiserweight has been dominated by mostly Europeans for ages now. Light Heavyweight is now dominated by Russians. Etc etc.

You really have to start getting down to weights where the men are the size of 15 year old girls to find where Americas start succeeding
    Sayithowitisuk Bob JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer like this.

Comment

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
      Can someone explain why Zhang is not rematching Parker? It's not like that fight was lopsided in anyway and Zhang can always catch him at anytime. This fight really does nothing for either guy IMO.
      easy answer-> money. Zhang receives much more money in a fight with Deontay because his excellency and the crowd want to see this KO-fight

Comment

Flip has a spar win in bag, I do take that into consideration if they don't ever meet again. But they will meet soon, so it can be be one a piece next. If dubois wins in 1st june, it will be better than flips spar win. But right now flio is above dubois h2h if that makes sense, ddd don't seem to be questioning flip did better.
        It starts getting tricky when people who sparred can't agree who did better. Like Eubank junior saying he best groves, and whoever in sparring but groves didn't agree
        Last edited by hugh grant; 04-16-2024, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post

Two of the best in the fighting business where you can make a fortune, being matched up here.

Dubois is so young, but he's already had a fighter's journey. He was well groomed and an A+ physical specimen. The guy is biiiig, so if he doesn't float like a butterfly, sting like a bee for us; that's why.
          He didn't quit v. Joyce, he was injured pretty badly.
          He's got his flaws as they all do, surely.
          But he can make a half-decent claim to having Usyk KTFO.

Hrgovic is one of the best of the next. He's been in with Yoka, Pero, Demirezen, Toirac, Larduet, Cammarelle, Dychko to develop as a standout amateur, and has been well brought aling as a pro, and he's as ready as he's ever going to get to see if the crown can be his.

Great match.
          I think the fight will be one-sided. Hrgovic crushed him in the gym accoring to reports so...

But having said Dubois is a good opponent for the IBF title fight! He is well ranked and has a lot if fans. And we case use Usyk performance vs. Dubious as a benchmark.

Hrgovic has also sparred with Wlad!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

I think the fight will be one-sided. Hrgovic crushed him in the gym accoring to reports so...

But having said Dubois is a good opponent for the IBF title fight! He is well ranked and has a lot if fans. And we case use Usyk performance vs. Dubious as a benchmark.

Hrgovic has also sparred with Wlad!

sparring is sparring. Dillian Whyte was running around saying he dropped Fury in sparring, he ended up flat on his back in the fight

Eubank Jr apparently gave Groves a pasting in sparring but got complete schooled in the fight.

It means nothing, Fighters are often at very different stages of camp when they're sparring. one of them could be almost fight ready and one could just be starting camp. One may have been very young and experienced compared to today, i.e David Price knocking out AJ in sparring which AJ admitted. We all know AJ would hospitalise him in a pro fight. One fighter might just be under instructions from a trainer to be working on very specific things during the spar, thus limiting what they throw.

I still think Hrgovic will eventually get to Dubois though, but I don't never read anything into sparring stories, too many factors that don't really come into it when it's a real fight.

All that matters is what happens when both guys are fighting fit on fight night

Hrgovic sparred Wlad. Dubois sparred Fury who schooled Wlad. What does it matter? Many fighters have sparred each other at some point.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-16-2024, 06:17 AM.

Comment

I definatley pick Hrgovic to win this one but I do think there's a chance for Dubois

Hrgovic is a lazy fighter and his opposition has been dire for years now so there's a chance he could be slow getting out of the starting blocks.

Dubois hasn't got any chance if the fight goes late so he needs to do what he should have done against Usyk and charge straight into hrgovic and force a shootout.

If Dubois starts trying to fence with the jab and let's hrgovic box his way into the fight then it's a wrap.

I don't know what it is about heavyweights these days, blasting the opponent out used to be a viable strategy for punchers against boxers but nobody even attempts it these days.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

sparring is sparring. Dillian Whyte was running around saying he dropped Fury in sparring, he ended up flat on his back in the fight

Eubank Jr apparently gave Groves a pasting in sparring but got complete schooled in the fight.

It means nothing, Fighters are often at very different stages of camp when they're sparring. one of them could be almost fight ready and one could just be starting camp. One may have been very young and experienced compared to today, i.e David Price knocking out AJ in sparring which AJ admitted. We all know AJ would hospitalise him in a pro fight. One fighter might just be under instructions from a trainer to be working on very specific things during the spar, thus limiting what they throw.

I still think Hrgovic will eventually get to Dubois though, but I don't never read anything into sparring stories, too many factors that don't really come into it when it's a real fight.

All that matters is what happens when both guys are fighting fit on fight night

Hrgovic sparred Wlad. Dubois sparred Fury who schooled Wlad. What does it matter? Many fighters have sparred each other at some point.
                I think it matters when fighters spar with each other. I think it matters on who fighters spar with and if they did well. Obvisouly a real fight matters more.

No one spars with the intent to get it handed to them, unless they are brought in to get pounded on and not fight back too much.

I think Hrgovic is going to dominate Dubois. I put a bit more consideration into how a fighter does in sparring and vs. whom than you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
                  I definatley pick Hrgovic to win this one but I do think there's a chance for Dubois

Hrgovic is a lazy fighter and his opposition has been dire for years now so there's a chance he could be slow getting out of the starting blocks.

Dubois hasn't got any chance if the fight goes late so he needs to do what he should have done against Usyk and charge straight into hrgovic and force a shootout.

If Dubois starts trying to fence with the jab and let's hrgovic box his way into the fight then it's a wrap.

I don't know what it is about heavyweights these days, blasting the opponent out used to be a viable strategy for punchers against boxers but nobody even attempts it these days.
                  Hrgovic is not lazy in real fights, but I agree he is a tiny bit lazy in training for some fights. He wins easy.

Hopefully now that he has made it to big time and will be $$$ paid more money, whatever laziness he has shown will be a thing of the past.

I expect Hrgoivc to be in better shape vs. Dubois. Not 85% shape like he has been in before. More like 95-100% of his best shape.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Flip has a spar win in bag, I do take that into consideration if they don't ever meet again. But they will meet soon, so it can be be one a piece next. If dubois wins in 1st june, it will be better than flips spar win. But right now flio is above dubois h2h if that makes sense, ddd don't seem to be questioning flip did better.
                    It starts getting tricky when people who sparred can't agree who did better. Like Eubank junior saying he best groves, and whoever in sparring but groves didn't agree
                    Spar win?
                    Sparring is a tool, not a fight. If there are winners and losers in sparring, then Blue Lewis, Candy Slim Merritt, Bossman Jones, Roy Tiger Williams, Jimmy Ellis, Johnny Hudgins, Rufus Brassel, Terry Lee, Tim Witherspoon, Dino Denis, Cody Jones, Mel Turnbow, Larry Holmes and Jodi Ballard collectively have about 2,500 wins over Muhammad Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
                      It a great card

Bivol vs. AB - Light heavyweight
                      Deontay Wilder (M) vs. Zhilei Zhang (Q) – heavyweight
                      Filip Hrgovic (M) vs. Daniel Dubois (Q) – heavyweight
                      Craig Richards (M) vs. Willy Hutchinson (Q) – light heavyweight
                      Ammo Williams (M) vs. Hamzah Sheeraz (Q) – middleweight
                      Ray Ford (M) vs. Nick Ball (Q) – featherweight​
                      It’s a good card. Craig Richards vs Willy Hutchinson being the least interesting of the bunch.

Comment

Working...
                      X