Zelfa Barrett vs Jordan Gill - DAZN - Fight By Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrett gets the stoppage.

Comment

I had Barrett, KO, Mid. Off by two rounds. Damn.

Comment

Finally!!!

Zelfa is the naturally bigger and more talented fighter, so for him to be sticking-and-moving so much was stupid. Gill did what he could, and really has nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

Good fight

Some good body shots from Barrett.

Surprised it go waved off at that point though, he wasn't taking a lot of head shots or anything apart from a couple

Gill didn't complain though so i guess it was a good stoppage.

Comment

Wonder if either these guys could be an opponent for Leigh Wood coming up, I'm assuming Cordina is gonna move up to 135 after the Cacace fight, but if he stays then maybe Zelfa finally gets that fight.

Zelfa vs Ogawa would be fun, I'd like to see that one. Maybe Gill can get a fight with a guy like England, Edward Vazquez, Magnesi or Liam Wilson

Comment

Fun fight! Gill did really, really well up until the stoppage.
              YoungManRumble YoungManRumble likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Finally!!!

Zelfa is the naturally bigger and more talented fighter, so for him to be sticking-and-moving so much was stupid. Gill did what he could, and really has nothing to be ashamed of.
                Indeed

I said earlier in the thread he looked way better when he held the centre of the ring, i couldn't understand why he was moving too much.

He only seemed to see sense when he thought he might be behind.

Still got the job done, so can't really criticise. I just thought he was making harder work of it than he needed to.

Comment

Good fight. A fine display of sportsmanship and respect in the post-fight interviews as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Wonder if either these guys could be an opponent for Leigh Wood coming up, I'm assuming Cordina is gonna move up to 135 after the Cacace fight, but if he stays then maybe Zelfa finally gets that fight.

Zelfa vs Ogawa would be fun, I'd like to see that one. Maybe Gill can get a fight with a guy like England, Edward Vazquez, Magnesi or Liam Wilson
                    Wood and Gill are part of the same gym. Zelfa/Cordina is a decent match-up, and I might prefer if it happened at 135 because they both look awful at the 130lb weigh-ins.

BigZ44 BigZ44 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Indeed

I said earlier in the thread he looked way better when he held the centre of the ring, i couldn't understand why he was moving too much.

He only seemed to see sense when he thought he might be behind.

Still got the job done, so can't really criticise. I just thought he was making harder work of it than he needed to.
                      Zelfa has many of the things you look for in a world-class operator, but he's missing some vital elements: a killer instinct, ability to change gears, faith in his punch resistance and stamina. That's why he fights the way he does. If Gill was a natural 130lber, he would've bullied Zelfa. I've wondered for a while why Zelfa doesn't just move to 135 because he has the physical dimensions. I don't think he has the confidence.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM.
                      dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X