Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaron 'Boots' Ennis Signs Multifight Promotional Deal With Matchroom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

All Star Boxing won the bud if I’m not mistaken
    My belief would be Dazn
    https://boxrec.com/en/promoter/800834

I just hope it's easily available for viewing.
    MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by DClefthook View Post
      Whoaaaaaa wait a minute I need you PBC haters to keep the same energy about this guy that you've had for him. Remember his name is booty not boots. Remember you called him a bum and no good and he would get mollywooped by Eggs Benn. Remember you guys calling him a monkey and ape. Remember the hate you have for black fighters. Do you guys remember? Huh?? Remember??? Where's that energy???
      The thing brother is twofold. I get there are those who are hating on PBC for hidden reasons. I share an equal resentment to idiots who have hidden agendas especially race based BS.

But many critics issues are really simple - PBC is and has been a dominant power house for a decade. That carries a huge responsibility on the sport. Hand on heart can we say they have handled that responsibility to best of their ability and at least moderately best of intentions? (I am not here saying Matchroom have but they are minor player in US market so impact is less).

All promoters can be forgiven for occasionally putting revenue over fights but its a question of degree. Monopolies in anything are bad for a reason.

Consider how bad the promotion situation must be that Saudi who have ZERO business or history being in the sport and Matchroom that are UK based have got a foot in to make fights the incumbents including Top Rank could not.

I hold same feeling re Top Rank, WBC etc for same reasons - their hold the keys to the Kingdom and are killing the sport as a whole.

The thing that breaks my heart as a boxing fan is seeing someone like Ennis reaching his late twenties and possibly already having missed fights like Crawford and Spence in their prime.

Is it Showtime fault for not getting him fights or PBC for locking him out as why would they give opportunity for him to potentially displace one of their stable? I don’t know honestly- just see a lot of patterns of this. I could be wrong.
      DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by hennanra1000 View Post

The thing brother is twofold. I get there are those who are hating on PBC for hidden reasons. I share an equal resentment to idiots who have hidden agendas especially race based BS.

But many critics issues are really simple - PBC is and has been a dominant power house for a decade. That carries a huge responsibility on the sport. Hand on heart can we say they have handled that responsibility to best of their ability and at least moderately best of intentions? (I am not here saying Matchroom have but they are minor player in US market so impact is less).

All promoters can be forgiven for occasionally putting revenue over fights but its a question of degree. Monopolies in anything are bad for a reason.

Consider how bad the promotion situation must be that Saudi who have ZERO business or history being in the sport and Matchroom that are UK based have got a foot in to make fights the incumbents including Top Rank could not.

I hold same feeling re Top Rank, WBC etc for same reasons - their hold the keys to the Kingdom and are killing the sport as a whole.

The thing that breaks my heart as a boxing fan is seeing someone like Ennis reaching his late twenties and possibly already having missed fights like Crawford and Spence in their prime.

Is it Showtime fault for not getting him fights or PBC for locking him out as why would they give opportunity for him to potentially displace one of their stable? I don’t know honestly- just see a lot of patterns of this. I could be wrong.
        Just look at how Bud was frozen out for years
        Lots of Boots fans were originally Spence fans who jumped on the bandwagon after being beat by Bud
        Not sure if they will continue to support him now that he’s gone to Slow Eddie

Comment

• What does dazn or matchroom have for him? Conor benn won't fight him and is scared. Who else is there? He is better off with pbc where he can still be in the mix with many welterweights with a name. Eddie will not know what to do with him. Eddie has never created an american star.
          Last edited by Lance98; 04-10-2024, 10:32 PM.
          DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by hennanra1000 View Post

Well spoken. Where have you been at on this subject for the last t years because all I see on these threads are "booty is a monkey".... "Al Gaymon is a ******" ... "Protected Boys Club" ... "I hate Boots and all black fighters" ... because if you were around to spread your wisdom (and I'm not being facetious) then maybe I wouldn't be so active on here. But that is not the case. So I am going to need these anti black fake boxing fans to keep the same energy. They cried about Boots fighting nobodies with PBC. Now that he's with MR I expect all top 3 WW PPV fights that generate 100 million dollars and 1.2 PPV buys each. I want the first fight against Eggs Benn in Vegas with a gate of 20 million dollars. I want the 2nd fight against Virgil Ortiz that will break the Mayweather / Paquiao fight for PPV buys and gate. I want all the anti black posters who called him monkey and ape to now have a change of heart and support him financially. I want you all tomorrow morning to buy a yearly sub to Dazn for 249$. I want you all to buy every ticket you can to all his fights and pack the arena. NO EMPTY SEATS! I want you all to throw your 'jail-broken' firesticks in the trash can now and promise to never stream any Dazn events from now on. I want you all to complete erase from your memory banks the terms "white power" and "mejorar la raza" which has corrupted your view on an entire race of people since birth out of sheer ignorance (I personally hope you don't because I love the racist back and forth with you inbreds). Now is your chance to help the boy Hearn out with his vaunted "American takeover" hehe hehe! Don't let him down!!
            Last edited by DClefthook; 04-10-2024, 11:07 PM.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
              What does dazn or matchroom have for him? Conor benn won't fight him and is scared. Who else is there? He is better off with pbc where he can still be in the mix with many welterweights with a name. Eddie will not know what to do with him. Eddie has never created an american star.
              MR has no one except and roided up Eggs Benn who can't even fight in his own country and can't even make WW. He will be just like Andrade whom Hearn paraded around 5 years ago saying he was going to turn him into an American superstar and all he did was fight Liam after Liam after Liam. Dazn has no fanbase in America except a few folks on the west coast who are GBP supporters first and foremost. The blueprint to build success for Boots was PBC on Prime. All his fights from 147-168 are over there. Hearn has a failed track record with black American fighters. He'll he doesn't even have any white or hispanic stars after 5 years. PBC had successful events for Tank in NYC, DC, More, Vegas, LA, ATL and soon to be Houston. Those are PBC type areas which Hearn and Dazn can't break into. Shid they can't even orchestrate a functional PPV fight in NYC between Devin and Ryan and that should be a layup! Go get your money Boots but unfortunately when it runs out you better hope Al wants to do business again like he did with Andrade ffs!

Comment

• I said it before tgat Dazn is the kamikaze of promoters. All they do is sabotage American fights that we have been clamoring for. AJ vs Wilder would've happened 4 years ago if no Dazn because they were on a collision course with both being signed to Showtime. Jermall vs Canelo would have taken place 5 years ago on Showtime if Canelo didn't choose Dazn. They signed Tevin Farmer to stop the Tank fight when that was hot and then signed Devin to stop the Tank fight a few years later. Now Boots has been fooled into thinking he's going to be undisputed but Haymon will never work with Hearn to make that happen (though he will work with Oscar). Even him singing Matias has stop good fights from happening. Now Hearn is on the internet begging Haymon to do a co pro deal to make Matias vs Pitbull because according to him that is a huge PR vs Mex PPV. But if I'm Matias I gotta ask my people if the fight with Pitbull is a huge PPV then why da fuq did you have me sign with Dazn when it was tailored made on the same "side of the street" with PBC? Gawd I hate that damn company for fuqing up so many American fights
                Last edited by DClefthook; 04-10-2024, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by maguirre View Post
                  Hearn needs to provide him 3 fights before the end of Ennis' contract. Otherwise, he'll get sued.
                  Hearn only needs to OFFER 3 fights to Boots. And with Boots pops history of turning down anything remotely challenging, I doubt anyone will get sued here.......

Comment

• What happened to Cameron Dinking? I been away from boxing for a little and I found this?

Comment

• Originally posted by JD88 View Post
                      What happened to Cameron Dinking? I been away from boxing for a little and I found this?
                      He passed away not too long ago

Comment

Working...
                      X