Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney Says He Is In Competition With Greatness, Ryan Garcia Is Just Another Opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Devin Haney Says He Is In Competition With Greatness, Ryan Garcia Is Just Another Opponent

Devin Haney Says He Is In Competition With Greatness, Ryan Garcia Is Just Another Opponent
    [Click Here To Read More]

i agree with haney

hes the bench mark

for shedding water

Comment

You're too boring to be great

Comment

I think moving up in weight has helped Haney. I don't know how much stock to put in his win over Prograis, but he didn't gas out and appeared to have more on this punches. I don't think this fight against Garcia is going to prove anything.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
          I think moving up in weight has helped Haney. I don't know how much stock to put in his win over Prograis, but he didn't gas out and appeared to have more on this punches. I don't think this fight against Garcia is going to prove anything.
          gotta agree! I'm a big Haney fan but he has to start separating himself from the Shakurs and Hitchins of the world. Jabbing, holding and outpointing is great to watch for 'purists' like me but I also understand that it doesn't sell well. In other sports people like to see slam dunks, home runs and touchdowns. No difference in boxing where they want to see KOs and dominations. The Hitchins (HIT-CHINS funny I know) fight was a snoozer last night which you can make the argument he lost.Today's boxers need to stop emulating 'Money May' and start watching clips of 'Pretty boy'. The reason why Boots is so feared early in his career is that not only is he a great boxer but he is a come forward DESTROYER OF WORLDS. hahahahaha
          wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Excellent attitude from Haney. I hope he stays focused line that.

Comment

This fight does absolutely nothing for Haney except a quick money grab. Its a shame the fight is allowed to take place but if there is one thing it does, it probably puts Garcia one step away from retirement which could be a good thing depending on how you look at it 'cos the kid seem to have a lot of personal issues outside of boxing that needs professional intervention. As for Haney, he's starting to grow on me and I like his approach to his craft but that his dad has become what you despite in this boxing Dads, a total jackas.s.

Comment

Haney went through Australia pretty good then struggled with Loma. Prograis was a confidence builder. In my book, Haney is close to great, but he has to crack some more skulls. Busting up Ryans face may be all he gets out of that

Comment

Garcia could stand to learn some discipline from Haney.

Comment

I'm done doubting Haney. The kid is legit and levels above Ryan who is in for a long night.
                    DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X