Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Isaac Cruz Is Open to Gervonta Davis Rematch, Devin Haney and Subriel Matias Showdowns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks that Matias left for Matchroom, that would’ve been a banger unification bout . Hopefully it can still get made down the road if they’re both still champs.

More importantly, let Barroso get his shot.

Then Tank - Pitbull 2
    Sabiondo Sabiondo likes this.

Comment

Contrary to what am reading here, Cruz would be a tough out for any of those guys. I don't care if it is Haney, Teo, Subriel. Cruz may seem limited but you can see a bit of wrinkles in how he set up those shots against Rolly. This dude can take a hell of shot without been deterred, now can they take his shot? You see Tank change plans once he saw Cruz could not be hurt and that is still his toughest fight to-date, hurt hand or not. You can try to outbox him but you better be well conditioned to be able to do it for 12 rounds. Haney may outbox him but he's always going to be at risk of getting that chin cracked. Teo maybe same, and even Teo may be more vulnerable. As for Subriel, I don't know why you guys think he stops Cruz. Am just not seeing it, that's probably a 50-50 fight in my opinion, plus we don't know how Subriel's chin will hold up. Thats a pick 'em fight which I may even favor Cruz. This dude is like Maidana, there's never a easy fight with him.
      Greenfield02 Greenfield02 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

I think Mattias would take that fight; and ruin Cruz.
        Matias would take that fight in a minute, it's a unification fight against a fighter who has a lot of short comings, with the emphasis on short.
        It would still be an exciting fight, because they are both come forward sluggers who give it their all in the ring, that said Matias has most of the advantages.

Comment

If Cruz had more power I would give him a shot against anyone but he needs to land a lot to be effective. He was missing a ton against Rolly. I do not think he would find Haney at all.
          cruz1383 cruz1383 Sabiondo Sabiondo like this.

Comment

Matias is probably the only guy who would be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Matias would take that fight in a minute, it's a unification fight against a fighter who has a lot of short comings, with the emphasis on short.
              It would still be an exciting fight, because they are both come forward sluggers who give it their all in the ring, that said Matias has most of the advantages.
              Fighting shorter fighters is harder than fighting someone your own size or taller. But I agree, it would be a excellent match up.

Comment

I don't see any top 140 pounder having an easy night with a guy whose chin is carved out of boat anchor material. The style that Cruz would have most difficulty with is Haney due to Haney's jab. And while I can see Matias grinding Cruz down, Cruz will get in his pound of flesh. He'd give Lopez some competition. I'm just glad he will get some money and if he invests it properly, will be set for life, especially considering how far the dollar goes in Mexico. He won my heart.
                Sabiondo Sabiondo likes this.

Comment

He got exactly what he needed to get some bigger fights which is a belt he can leverage, I'm happy for him.

Comment

Davis would rematch him at 135 only. Forget it.

Davis will never fight somebody dangerous at 140.

Comment

As long as Wahid don't try and put clauses into the rematch then I'm all for it. Mu****as are the same size, I don't wanna hear no bullsh.it from his team or his halfaf.ag fanbois

Comment

Working...
                      X