Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Rankings And Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assume he was unranked due to inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Regardless of that, he could possibly be undisputed if the boxing biz would work with him since I don't think either Janibek or Adames would be heavy favorites over him. he's never been decisively beaten or humiliated in there. If he was an A side fighter his record could be 40+ and 0.
      Hurd was the only fight I actually scored as a loss for Lara.
      RightJabLikeZab RightJabLikeZab likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

Except by Jarrett Hurd, who then again rehydrated up to 190 lbs, guy was a natural super middleweight. Not sure how he cut down to light middleweight.

Apparently most saw Lara beating Paul Williams despite the decision, would had been a big win.
        Not sure what you mean. Lara-Hurd was a fight of the year candidate. Despite the insane size difference, Landy lost a very tight SD. The scores were Burt A Clements 114-113; Glenn Feldman 113-114; and Dave Moretti 113-114​.
        _Jordan_ _Jordan_ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

Not sure what you mean. Lara-Hurd was a fight of the year candidate. Despite the insane size difference, Landy lost a very tight SD. The scores were Burt A Clements 114-113; Glenn Feldman 113-114; and Dave Moretti 113-114​.
          Well yes the scorecards were close so "decisively beaten" might not be the right phrasing.

However, Hurd likely stole the fight due to being visually unscathed for the most part and finishing strong with knockodown with both being active, while the more skilled fighter in Lara who gave his all was getting worn down by the size disparity.

Last edited by Feroz; 03-31-2024, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feroz View Post

Well yes the scorecards were close so "decisively beaten" might not be the right phrasing.

However, Hurd likely stole the fight due to being visually unscathed for the most part and finishing strong with knockodown with both being active, while the more skilled fighter in Lara who gave his all was getting worn down by the size disparity.

Lara lost that fight on the knockdown in the final frame, as edpboxing pointed out in a previous post. Judging from the scores, he would’ve won if not for that. The man has had a darn good career. I’ve been critical of Landy for being boring from time-to-time, but he’s a warrior. It’s strange how someone can have such extreme styles, depending on the fight. Lara’s always had power, which people often forget. Last night he reminded everyone.

Comment

He will be now, he was put due to 2 years inactivity
              CubanGuyNYC CubanGuyNYC likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by edpboxing View Post
                I disagree on that, it’s been awhile since I watched it, but I had Lara winning originally and pretty sure it would’ve been a draw if he could’ve avoided the final round KD.

Gonna have to check it out again
                Indeed! I remember that fight. It was a shock to see Lara stand his ground and fight in the pocket against a "prime" Hurd. Fight was razor tight and the 12rd knockdown sealed the win for Hurd.

In the meantime, Janibek has been running his mouth on Twitter/X talking about Lara. I can't predict the winner but Janibek has not been in the ring with that level of skill. Lara's left real sneaky!
                Last edited by Afi23; 04-01-2024, 08:40 PM.
                edpboxing edpboxing likes this.

Comment

Espn are the worst of the 3 main indie rankings. I prefer TBRB 1st & Ring 2nd.

But yea he wasn't ranked cuz he was inactive as others have said.

Comment

Working...
                  X