This Was Suppose to be Thurman’s Moment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

Garcia would be the best win on Crawford's resume
    Garcia ducked Postol, who Crawford dominated. Garcia's best win is decision over Lucas M, who Postol knocked out. Crawford just beat Spence, who beat Garcia. Garcia has no big wins at 147.

Comment

Garcia would be the best win on Crawford's resume
      garcia has done nothing at ww. hes never even beaten a top 10 guy there and has lost to the only 3 he has faced. when crawford beat ricky burns for example, burns had beaten 3 top 10 guys and 2 of them were in the top 5. burns is a bum though is what some people would say because hes not ameriacn or not pbc or whatever. garcia had a big name but nothing of quality at ww. burns had no name but was a good win. hes just one guy that is much better than garcia and i picked him because hes pretty obscure.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        Thurman clearly does not have a great resume. Pac was an ATG, but was far far past his prime and didn't win another fight in his career. Garcia and Porter are the 2 notable wins, that's pretty far from greatness.
        Yet you all over hype Spence and he's still in Rings p4p. Thurman beat Garcia and Porter before him. His 1 loss is the Manny fight, and it was a close fight Manny started of the first half better.

Thurman could have had a way better career wasted his own career, though injuries played a part he still could have been more active than he has been. The problem with these fighters Spence Bud Thurman etc when they get to that level they only really want to fight if it's a sizeable payday. Bud isn't exactly an active fighter either. They're all part timers lucky to even see them fight once a year

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

Further demonstrates the pro-US bias in the sport. The Ring still has Spence P4P #8.
          they have tank davis on their p4p top 10 as well which is absurd. they even have him above jesse rodriguez who just destroyed the top guy in his division while tank has never beaten a top 5 guy in any division hes fought in.
          dan-b dan-b likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by EpicTazz View Post
            I believe Keith Thurman is one of the most tragic waste of talents it is. No matter the criticism let’s not pretend this guy can’t fight and has an awesome resume. His only lost being to an all time great and even that was by narrow margin. It saddens me because I truly believe Thurman could have beat Tim Tzuyu tonight and put his name right back at the top tier. Now his name fades back to obscurity and Spence attempts to snatch the opportunity. I hope he gets his moment.
            I think he would've been #1 or #2 behind Crawford at welterweight without all the injuries.

It's sad for sure, but it might be time to move on.

There's nobody to blame, Keith has been prone to injury for a long time. He has a lot of mileage on him, he's been fighting since he was 7 years old.

I hope he can turn it back one more time, but I'm not really holding my breath at this point. It sucks but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
              Wish thurman vs Spence would happen.

If I was Al Id sign Boots and give Thurman a retirement payday to get slaughtered by Boots
              He wouldn't even get slaughtered. It'll go 12. Maybe some freak body shot but probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing 112 View Post

Yet you all over hype Spence and he's still in Rings p4p. Thurman beat Garcia and Porter before him. His 1 loss is the Manny fight, and it was a close fight Manny started of the first half better.

Thurman could have had a way better career wasted his own career, though injuries played a part he still could have been more active than he has been. The problem with these fighters Spence Bud Thurman etc when they get to that level they only really want to fight if it's a sizeable payday. Bud isn't exactly an active fighter either. They're all part timers lucky to even see them fight once a year
                Not sure of your issue. I'm saying Thurman doesn't have a great resume. You're saying he wasted his career and it could've been far better, which isn't the sort of thing people say about guys with great resumes. Not much of a disagreement then.

I don't fanboy for anybody, especially not Spence whose fans spent years praising him for delaying the Crawford fight and then claimed he was past prime as an excuse after he got dominated. Crawford's career could've been better, he should be more active and against better opposition. But whatever his flaws, he's achieved more than Thurman or Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

Garcia ducked Postol, who Crawford dominated. Garcia's best win is decision over Lucas M, who Postol knocked out. Crawford just beat Spence, who beat Garcia. Garcia has no big wins at 147.

imagine having Postal as the best win on your resume LMFAO

Like I said, Crawfish is a JOKE

Comment

imagine having Postal as the best win on your resume LMFAO

Like I said, Crawfish is a JOKE
                    Irrelevant to the thread either way. Was discussing why Thurman isn't great imo, which has nothing to do with Crawford. But I guess you just had him on your mind and needed a place to vent.

Comment

Originally posted by EpicTazz View Post
                      I believe Keith Thurman is one of the most tragic waste of talents it is. No matter the criticism let’s not pretend this guy can’t fight and has an awesome resume. His only lost being to an all time great and even that was by narrow margin. It saddens me because I truly believe Thurman could have beat Tim Tzuyu tonight and put his name right back at the top tier. Now his name fades back to obscurity and Spence attempts to snatch the opportunity. I hope he gets his moment.
                      great first post

but probably rose tinted thurman glasses here, hes well past his best & would lose to both of these guys i would say, him and spence should get it on actually

Comment

Working...
                      X