Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking: Teofimo Lopez Set to Pull Off a "Canelo", to Fight a Guy Nobody Has Ever Heard of and Has No Chance of Winning in Steve Claggett in June 29 Instead of Fighting the Best in His Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking: Teofimo Lopez Set to Pull Off a "Canelo", to Fight a Guy Nobody Has Ever Heard of and Has No Chance of Winning in Steve Claggett in June 29 Instead of Fighting the Best in His Division

Canelo the so called the diva of boxing is setting a bad precedent in boxing.

The Canelo era is turning into a circus, to be honest with you. The self proclaimed "true 168lbs king", "the face of boxing", trying to fight 160s, 154s, 147s, that's ridiculous. That's not good for boxing. That's not cool. Imagine if Beterbiev were doing that and fighting the little guys. Imagine Beterbiev trying to fight Terence Crawford? Canelo is getting criticized but he doesn't give a shıt and now we see other boxers like Teofimo imitating his spinelessness. Canelo doesn't care about legacy or fighting the best.​
    eco1 eco1 likes this.

hes doing a tank davis, he will make a star out of this guy

Comment

I like Clagget. He'll make it fun.
      Superbee Superbee likes this.

Comment

I’ve been critical of Teofimo Lopez, but he has a couple of clear wins over Vasyl Lomachenko and Josh Taylor which make him a little better than some of his peers. I knew the fight vs Jamaine Ortiz was going to be risky, not surprised by it all.

His fight against this unknown fighter is no worse than someone like P4P #1 ranked Roman Gonzalez fighting Valentin Leon (28-29-3) in 2015. Actually Leon is worse but you get the point.

Or another top 3 P4P guy Terence Crawford fighting David Avanesyan when he’s at the height of his career and considered by many to be the best.

So, Teofimo fighting a guy who is 38-7 with 26 KO’s, when he’s not even rated in the top 10 P4P, and coming off a poor performance, isn’t something for fans to bring out their pitchforks yet.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I’ve been critical of Teofimo Lopez, but he has a couple of clear wins over Vasyl Lomachenko and Josh Taylor which make him a little better than some of his peers. I knew the fight vs Jamaine Ortiz was going to be risky, not surprised by it all.

His fight against this unknown fighter is no worse than someone like P4P #1 ranked Roman Gonzalez fighting Valentin Leon (28-29-3) in 2015. Actually Leon is worse but you get the point.

Or another top 3 P4P guy Terence Crawford fighting David Avanesyan when he’s at the height of his career and considered by many to be the best.

So, Teofimo fighting a guy who is 38-7 with 26 KO’s, when he’s not even rated in the top 10 P4P, and coming off a poor performance, isn’t something for fans to bring out their pitchforks yet.
          Just summarize what you're saying to OP:

Let's be consistent.

Anyway....let's not underestimate Steve Clampett. Remember what happened when people said that Sandor Martin was a cherry pick.

Comment

I'm not too bothered by this, and this shouldn't surprise anybody. I wish fans would stop behaving like boxers always run towards the toughest opponents possible. They typically run towards big legacy/$$$ fights or competitively advantageous fights. Claggett is just a stay-busy fight, nothing more.

Comment

Coppinger is wrong. It was not a disputed decision. Lopez won cause the other guy ran. Just like Shakira shoulda lost against edwin

Comment

Teo probably needs a confidence building fight right now. And we likely want him to have those, because he needs to develop some consistency. I'm not that fond of him, but I do think he's good for the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                  Teo probably needs a confidence building fight right now. And we likely want him to have those, because he needs to develop some consistency. I'm not that fond of him, but I do think he's good for the sport.
                  maybe this is why wilder fought bums for so long. they thought ok this guy sucks wilder will look good and then we will move on...but then wilder looked terrible before knocking out the bum in some fashion, so they set him up with another bum, repeat forever

Comment

Working...
                  X