Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Christian Mbilli-Mark Heffron Super Middleweight Main Event & Arslanbek Makhmudov-Junior Fa Heavyweight Battle Set for May 25

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is disappointing
    Mbilli wasting away fighting guys who do nothing for his career
    Afi23 Afi23 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Because Mbilli doesn't want that smoke. He was already in line to have gotten the call to challenge Morrell on at least two occasions. WBA rules state that Morrell must defend against the highest ranked available contender. He's defended it 6 times. Mbilli was higher ranked than the guys he ended up fighting, which means Mbilli said no thanks. And let's be real. Morrell isn't Canelo. He doesn't get to dictate his contenders.
      Morrell looks like the Real Monster
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        If Makhmudov loses to Fa it’s over…
        surely it is already? he looked absolutely terribile in his first real test in a fight where he was expected to win easily. unless he had some kind of serious illness or something I don't see how he can be taken seriously as a top level contender.
        he was making wilder look technical with the stuff he was doing.

Comment

Not sure I expect either fight to be competitive, but I think they will both be fun and entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post

surely it is already? he looked absolutely terribile in his first real test in a fight where he was expected to win easily. unless he had some kind of serious illness or something I don't see how he can be taken seriously as a top level contender.
            I know it's easy for me to say from my armchair, but he looked to have the worse defence we've seen in years. Didn't seem to have the skills or reflexes to block punches even when getting hit with the same shots over and over.
            landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Who booked the tire shop for the fights ? Rudy Giuliani ?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post

I guess we all were underrating Kabayel too much.

Honestly Kabayel looked terrible fighting Smakici only a fight before. Smakici almost took him out early in the fight..

Comment

Originally posted by TreD View Post

I wondered if anybody else noticed that head tic..
                  How could you not ? Eventually it becomes all that you can see. Poor guy , it's got to be hard living with something like that. I'm surprised that he is allowed to box. When I was boxing ,a guy in my club was fighting to keep boxing , they were trying to stop him because whenever he threw a punch he'd make a noise like , Pffft, pffft. He had to see a shrink and a neurologist before they let him continue to box. That was started by his main rival, but just goes to show the politics in amateur boxing. Nowadays there are guys who practically scream like they are in a Kung Fu movie and no one says a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyRespectful View Post
                    Why not Mbilli Morrell??
                    Money. The usual answer.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                      This is disappointing
                      Mbilli wasting away fighting guys who do nothing for his career
                      Indeed!
                      No disrespect to Shawinigan, but I would have assumed that coming off the buzz around his last fight broadcasted on ESPN and the TR co-promotional deal, Mbili would have graduated to at least Place Bell in Laval in the Montreal area.

Comment

Working...
                      X