Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nicholas Walters Returns to Prominence With UD Over Joseph Adorno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nicholas Walters Returns to Prominence With UD Over Joseph Adorno

Former featherweight world champion Nicholas Walters (29-1-1, 22 KOs) scored a commanding unanimous decision victory over Joseph Adorno (18-4-2, 15 KOs) on Wednesday, in his first televised fight in more than seven years.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Can we qualify Adorno as a stepping stone now

Comment

Very surprised at how agile and fast Walters was tonight. Forgot how solid of a boxer he was. I would take him over Michell fake Ali any day.

Comment

It's a shame Walters lost many years of his prime because he is a good boxer and yeah he got beat badly by Loma but loma was/is an outstanding talent. He could of still been a player at 126-130 back then but it must of knocked his confidence pretty bad to walk away for 7 years. I think a couple more wins tho I could see him getting a fight against some what of a name

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          Can we qualify Adorno as a stepping stone now
          Hes feeling more & more like a future journeyman at only 24yrs old. He has 1 W over a guy with a pulse iirc & that was by a pt on all 3 cards. Every other meaningful fight hes had has been an L or a draw. And mentally he just doesn't seem there a lot of the times & his volume is awful on avg. He fights exactly like those journeymen who don't realllllllllly come to win already. He fights like a guy whos gonna retire at 26-18-4 if he doesn't retire sooner.

If I'm Team Adorno I'm getting this dude into college or a trade school asap to get him on a path outta boxing. If he's boxing still in 4-6yrs its not likely to be a good sign.
          pnut901 pnut901 MulaKO MulaKO like this.

Comment

With how sexy a division 135 is I'm positive Walters will be getting a big fight this year off of this W.

Comment

His power gone at lightweight

Comment

He deserved the win. His 6 year long layoff suddenly became a non-issue.
                We still have to see if he can keep up with someone like De Los Santos level.

Comment

This fight was hard to watch. Adorno is a work admirer. He literally either throws, lands and watches, or throws, misses and watches, lol. He has no fluidity to continue a sustained attack. I guess he's so used to hitting, hurting and admiring the damage on previous opponents that he forgot he should probably follow up on the attack even after whether a punch lands or not. It was weird to see a guy that looks talented because the punches were pretty fast and clearly got some pop, but lacking overall skill to be complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing2695 View Post
                    It's a shame Walters lost many years of his prime because he is a good boxer and yeah he got beat badly by Loma but loma was/is an outstanding talent. He could have still been a player at 126-130 back then but it must of knocked his confidence pretty bad to walk away for 7 years. I think a couple more wins tho I could see him getting a fight against some what of a name
                    Agreed. Wish he had been around this whole time, could have been a lot of fun fights for him at 130/135.

He looked surprisingly good last night given the ~7 yr layoff, and there could be good fights for him. But he’s not a threat to the top guys at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X