Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Has Saturday's PBC Card Primed Boxing for a New Broadcast Era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Its lost value, but you can't tell me ppl wouldn't be more hyped for that fight than Tim vs Keef. So again PBC isn't making the best fights & its frustrating as a boxing fan. As a guy who used to criticize TR all the time I love how TR is matching up their name guys all the time lately for a change. PBC should be doing that especially cuz they are doing more PPVs & they don't.

Hell they could sign Teo & Devin & have them fight each other. Tank can sell PPVs vs anyone but they are eventually gonna wanna throw him into a Big PPV & those are the Big PPV guys. So either Tank fights one or two of them or he'll get upset by some random dude no one knows or barely knows eventually. Personally I'd rather go for the bigger money fight than lose to a rando guy in 3yrs or whatever. This is just how boxing works. No one stays on top forever.

I agree Canelo vs anyone probably turns a profit, but the superior move is to match your best bet to beat Canelo, Benavidez imo, & help create your own PPV star who is on your team. They are already building up Benavidez as a PPV guy so the obvious move was to make The Fight not these bs fights with 154, 160 (with mental issues) & 147 guys which comically was the plan.

I don't trust PBCs moves these days. They have too many talented potential stars in limbo for far too long. Everyones less active these days, but it feels like PBC guys aren't even being moved well when they are fighting.
    Jermell/Tszyu being bigger than Thurman/Tszyu isn't saying much, as both the Charlos and Thurman never really became true PPV attractions. We also don't know if Jermell is even available. If Jermell didn't care to face Tszyu when it was time to defend the throne...why would he do so now when he's lost his belts? Jermell is too busy enjoying his money.

Signing Teofimo and Haney would be a very interesting move. Logic says that the 140lbers should go to DAZN, but I can see Teofimo going to PBC just to be a contrarian. Teofimo would only go for Davis, as he has no interest in the likes of Gary Antuanne or Alberto Puello, and isn't he friends with Romero? I think Haney is less likely than Teofimo to migrate because he seems content with DAZN.

Some fans are so trapped in an anti-Canelo circle-jerk that certain details are simply being ignored. I assumed all along that Benavidez was a name that was negotiated during the 3-fight deal, and the fact that he wasn't was very revealing. According to some, Canelo is the villain because he didn't demand David's name....but why would he when PBC/SHO is willing to pay him handsomely for what could amount to three stay-busy fights? Some people criticize Hearn for serving up his stable to Canelo, but PBC essentially did the same. The problem is that they omitted the one person that actually has star potential. The promoters/networks are part of the problem. Fans keep expecting boxers to be altruistic, but they are sadly mistaken.

Comment

Who buys these PPV's anyways? I'll wait for the fight to be uploaded to Youtube in 20 years. No spoilers please.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous View Post
        Who buys these PPV's anyways? I'll wait for the fight to be uploaded to Youtube in 20 years. No spoilers please.
        So Morrison like
        No spoilers lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

Jermell/Tszyu being bigger than Thurman/Tszyu isn't saying much, as both the Charlos and Thurman never really became true PPV attractions. We also don't know if Jermell is even available. If Jermell didn't care to face Tszyu when it was time to defend the throne...why would he do so now when he's lost his belts? Jermell is too busy enjoying his money.

Signing Teofimo and Haney would be a very interesting move. Logic says that the 140lbers should go to DAZN, but I can see Teofimo going to PBC just to be a contrarian. Teofimo would only go for Davis, as he has no interest in the likes of Gary Antuanne or Alberto Puello, and isn't he friends with Romero? I think Haney is less likely than Teofimo to migrate because he seems content with DAZN.

Some fans are so trapped in an anti-Canelo circle-jerk that certain details are simply being ignored. I assumed all along that Benavidez was a name that was negotiated during the 3-fight deal, and the fact that he wasn't was very revealing. According to some, Canelo is the villain because he didn't demand David's name....but why would he when PBC/SHO is willing to pay him handsomely for what could amount to three stay-busy fights? Some people criticize Hearn for serving up his stable to Canelo, but PBC essentially did the same. The problem is that they omitted the one person that actually has star potential. The promoters/networks are part of the problem. Fans keep expecting boxers to be altruistic, but they are sadly mistaken.
          It says a lot when thats their first Amazon PPV main event. A PPV no one, like literally no one, gaf about or hell even had considered really. Wtf kind of PPV move is that? Usually fans are like "that shouldn't be a PPV". With Tim vs Keef fans were like "wait what?!?!".

I'm dogging Canelo in other threads lmfao. In this thread I'm saying wtf is PBC thinking not making Canelo vs Benavidez not just a part of the deal but if need be the only fight of the deal. Just do a one off to make this crazy ass fight fans wanna see. But once again wtf does PBC do? Canelo vs Mell & fans again are like "wait what?!?!" cuz this sh^t makes no fooking sense. This is what I'm talking about with how PBC moves.
          El_Mero El_Mero kiaba360 kiaba360 like this.

Comment

It says a lot when thats their first Amazon PPV main event. A PPV no one, like literally no one, gaf about or hell even had considered really. Wtf kind of PPV move is that? Usually fans are like "that shouldn't be a PPV". With Tim vs Keef fans were like "wait what?!?!".

I'm dogging Canelo in other threads lmfao. In this thread I'm saying wtf is PBC thinking not making Canelo vs Benavidez not just a part of the deal but if need be the only fight of the deal. Just do a one off to make this crazy ass fight fans wanna see. But once again wtf does PBC do? Canelo vs Mell & fans again are like "wait what?!?!" cuz this sh^t makes no fooking sense. This is what I'm talking about with how PBC moves.
            Tread lightly
            I’ve seen PBC drones incoming
            El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Its a pretty nice card but having it on Prime and THEN making it PPV on top of that has ensured its DOA, numbers wise.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post

In-house match-ups are finite. I actually think the Tszyu/Fundora card is good.
                Was referring to pbc not being able to do better, 2023 was a display in boxing’s best matchups and it wasn’t always in house such as the tank-Garcia fight. May features Canelo v Munguia. The “in house” descriptor is frequently used against pbc but it is in no way accurate

Comment

Thank you, again, Amazon Fire Stick.......

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Was referring to pbc not being able to do better, 2023 was a display in boxing’s best matchups and it wasn’t always in house such as the tank-Garcia fight. May features Canelo v Munguia. The “in house” descriptor is frequently used against pbc but it is in no way accurate
                    Eff Pandas said "with PBC's roster", which is why I mentioned in-house match-ups. We've also been discussing signing guys like Haney/Teofimo to potentially face Davis......not Davis (or his opponent) crossing the street or PBC co-promoting like Davis/Garcia was.

Tszyu/Fundora is mostly an in-house card, and I think it's good. I didn't say all PBC fights were in-house, just that those types of match-ups are finite. You can only match up a stable so many ways before you must look elsewhere. An extreme example is Canelo/Munguia headlining a PBC card.

Comment

I can understand putting Thurman in a headline debut slot because he was one of PBC's pillars....but his chronic inactivity and injury-proneness should've ruled him out immediately. It's clear Team Tszyu accepted that match-up because the intent is to increase his name-value in the USA. Why else would Glen Jennings be thinking about Spence?

Comment

Working...
                      X