Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who had a better run of title defences Gennady Golovkin or Joe Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

Yeah I know. I answered the question
    you did?
    messi807 messi807 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Golovkin for me. Aside from the Mitchell fight, I don’t think I’ve ever watched a Calzaghe defence back pre-Lacy.
      Plus he fought all over the world unlike Joe.
      tonysoprano tonysoprano likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

you did?
        The question was "who had a better tittle defense run?"

It was between GGG and Calzaghe and I chose Calzaghe for beating steroid cheats like bhop and roid Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler69 View Post

Yeah I know. I answered the question
          Perhaps you didn't read the question right - Who had a better run of title defences Gennady Golovkin at 160 or Joe Calzaghe at 168?

Hopkins was 43 years old at 175. Jones was also at 175 and 39 years old, after getting KO'd by Glen Johnson & Antonio Tarver in 2 rounds.

We're discussing 168 and 160 respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

well the rules of boxing clearly state no hitting with the inside of the glove or wrist which is largely what he did to generate his great "hand speed" in a side to side motion instead of the proper forward and back motion but yeah its not legal but then again its not enforced. i have only seen robin reid penalized for hitting with the inside of the glove but that was against sven ottke so they could rob reid and i dont think reid was even doing it.
            So every unorthodox fighter hits with the inside of the glove?

Comment

Originally posted by messi807 View Post

Perhaps you didn't read the question right - Who had a better run of title defences Gennady Golovkin at 160 or Joe Calzaghe at 168?

Hopkins was 43 years old at 175. Jones was also at 175 and 39 years old, after getting KO'd by Glen Johnson & Antonio Tarver in 2 rounds.

We're discussing 168 and 160 respectively.
              Ooohhh. I'm trippin lmao..my bad daggum

Comment

Golovkin by a mile. Calslappy was fighting every bum he could find for a decade. He even fought the same bum twice.

Comment

Let’s be honest Carl Froch had a much better resume of opponents than the bum-killer Calslappy. And he fought them Overseas unlike the Welsh slapper.

Comment

GGG. Easy. Calslappy, what did he do at 168?

Comment

Working...
                    X