No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matias Makes Homecoming Defense Against Paro On June 15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

He's dropped some names, but nobody is biting yet. Though can you blame them? I think the most noise was between him and Teofimo. Unfortunately, that seemed to fizzle out. I'd love to see him get that type of fight.
    I think Teo looked horrible in his last outing. In regards to that, I think Matias beats him!

I think Matias possibly beats everyone at 140 except Haney... nonetheless, I'd love to see that matchup.
    Devils Advocate Devils Advocate likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by nghtmr111 View Post

I think Teo looked horrible in his last outing. In regards to that, I think Matias beats him!

I think Matias possibly beats everyone at 140 except Haney... nonetheless, I'd love to see that matchup.
      Teo deserves a war next. Top Rank will probably match Teo up against Shakur Stevenson next and he’ll look horrible again.

Comment

After this - we all want Matias vs Gary Antuanne Russell for a BARNBURNER! They KO'd every opponent they faced so lets get it on! - "Mills Lane"
        Last edited by richardt; 03-27-2024, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Hearing how people talk about Matias. How come he’s NEVER fighting any even somewhat familiar names?
          I don’t buy people are scared of him neither. He’s NO young Mike Tyson. I’m surprised tank hasn’t asked to fight him, yet. I believe that’s coming though. Another SAFE fight for tank.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Paro is an absolute excellent fighter - but excellent fighters have their heart and mettle tested against Matias and it is very hard for opponents to overcome the sheer pressure, volume, and power of Matias. Matias is like someone who throws battery acid on someone and keeps throwing till they wilt.
            Matias' style is definitely corrosive for the opponent's body and spirit. Paro hasn't really been tested to that degree yet, and I'm interested to see what we learn about him.

Comment

WAR Matias !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , IMHO nobody at 140 lbs can take Subriel ....
              Regge Regge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                Hearing how people talk about Matias. How come he’s NEVER fighting any even somewhat familiar names?
                I don’t buy people are scared of him neither. He’s NO young Mike Tyson. I’m surprised tank hasn’t asked to fight him, yet. I believe that’s coming though. Another SAFE fight for tank.
                Davis could've already fought him if he wanted to. After Barrios, it seems like Davis doesn't want to venture to 140 again. Matias is no longer with PBC, so doubt Davis will be actively seeking Matias out now. Davis already has a 'safe' opponent lined up with the De Los Santos/Valenzuela winner.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 03-27-2024, 03:48 PM.
                MONGOOSE66 MONGOOSE66 likes this.

Comment

This is a very solid scrap here. Paro broke out big last year and Matias needs a dance partner since everybody else notable is tied up for the moment. Both guys can punch, so it should be another good test for both guys to really establish themselves at 140. PR should be lit that night for this one.
                  Hard Hands Hard Hands likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                    Because no one wants to deal with that type of danger.
                    Hard Hands Hard Hands likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X