Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: UKAD And BBBC Reportedly Win Appeal To Lift Benn's Suspension

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They definitely give him the maximum and then some. There was a lot of hate from the board before the failed test over another incident not sure if it was related to the Channel four documentary allocations against the board.

Honestly, he should just give up and get another job , they'll never let him box again and he's just burning money on legal fees now even if he comes back after the suspension he'd have to start from zero again. Give up they won, rebuild elsewhere.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    What a turn of events.

BBBoC/UKAD must have had some strong evidence in their favour to overturn a decision they lost originally.

Well, Benn’s in trouble now. They could give him a 4 year ban here.

Comment

Nah the reason he was fighting in the USA is because they refused to license him despite losing the hearing because they’d appealed it.

I guess it turns out they were right because they won the appeal and now thus the decision they lost has been overturned.

Conor would have been better off just accepting responsibility but claiming ignorance and taking a ban, now he may have to face the 4 years. It’s in UKAD/BBBoC’s hands with that.
      Idk man. There is just too much legal bs in the UK PED process for me. If you are popped in Oct 22 you should have a x mo or yr suspension within a couple mos especially if someone is being as uncooperative as Conor was.

Why do you think he'll get 4yrs? I'm less familiar with the UK process & punishment but I always figured 2yrs would be his max punishment based on US tendencies with PED suspensions.

Comment

The way his case was handled doesn't exonerate him any better than the egg excuse. He appealed, they appealed, but nobody is saying he didn't use the drugs. He almost decapitated poor Algeiri, like Valdez almost ripped Berchelts head off. Benn got caught twice, two years per.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Idk man. There is just too much legal bs in the UK PED process for me. If you are popped in Oct 22 you should have a x mo or yr suspension within a couple mos especially if someone is being as uncooperative as Conor was.

Why do you think he'll get 4yrs? I'm less familiar with the UK process & punishment but I always figured 2yrs would be his max punishment based on US tendencies with PED suspensions.
          It’s because Conor fought it, so the process dragged on. They Conor won the hearing and they appealed it so it dragged on even more. Now they’re won the appeal so it’s dragged on even more

4 years is the maximum ban here. It’s 2 years if you admit wrong doing but can prove it wasn’t intentional. But it’s at their discretion now, I could see them saying F you to Conor and giving him the 4 years.

We’ll see, if they give him 2 years then he’s already had 2 years out so he’ll be able to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
            The way his case was handled doesn't exonerate him any better than the egg excuse. He appealed, they appealed, but nobody is saying he didn't use the drugs. He almost decapitated poor Algeiri, like Valdez almost ripped Berchelts head off. Benn got caught twice, two years per.
            He didn’t appeal anything. He won the hearing and was exonerated and had his suspension lifted.

It’s UKAD/BBBoC that appealed, and have now won that appeal.

Comment

It’s because Conor fought it, so the process dragged on. They Conor won the hearing and they appealed it so it dragged on even more. Now they’re won the appeal so it’s dragged on even more

4 years is the maximum ban here. It’s 2 years if you admit wrong doing but can prove it wasn’t intentional. But it’s at their discretion now, I could see them saying F you to Conor and giving him the 4 years.

We’ll see, if they give him 2 years then he’s already had 2 years out so he’ll be able to fight.
              So its 2yrs no matter what & more than 2yrs to 4yrs if you cant prove you had a legit reason for it being in your system???

Ig there was no need to give a suspension time in that case. I wasn't aware of that being the way it works in the UK.
              Last edited by Eff Pandas; 03-27-2024, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

So its 2yrs no matter what & more than 2yrs to 4yrs if you cant prove you had a legit reason for being in your system???

Ig there was no need to give a suspension time in that case. I wasn't aware of that being the way it works in the UK.
                Not entirely sure. Case dependant I think. I think there has been shorter bans.

I’m quite shocked that UKAD/BBBoC have won this appeal. The evidence they had must have been compelling for NAPD to overturn their decision.
                Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

He deserves it - an athlete would take Clomifene only if he used other steroids for two main reasons, so he can hardly explain how he has it in his body. But someone must remind Hearn of his own words that "fighters who take performance enhancers should not just be banned, but imprisoned."

Comment

So at the very least his days of wrecking ball power that comes from needles and pills are over

Comment

What a turn of events.

BBBoC/UKAD must have had some strong evidence in their favour to overturn a decision they lost originally.

Well, Benn’s in trouble now. They could give him a 4 year ban here.
                      As I said to you months ago this was going to play out exactly like this and he's likely to get a backdated ban just like Fury.

Honestly I'm surprised you didn't go into hiding the amount of caping you've done for Benn.
                      Corelone Corelone likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X