Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good is Oscar De La Hoya's resume as a ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
    A good fighter with the establishment on his side. Not a legend, for me, but some of the results are undebatable. In my opinion he also lost the Ike Quartey fight. ATGs are a different breed - think, say, of Roberto Duran. It takes more than the mere stats to determine if a fighter is an ATG. In my view, De La Hoya is not.
    You my old friend call it like you see it

oscar struggled with Trinidad and Hopkins broke him down
    Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

He's old school in that he fought everyone, but that doesn't also mean it immediately equals ATG. Definitely HOF, but not ATG. Some might also question if he was one dimensional with only a left hook. Granted I think Tito could be said the same. Yet both were exposed by BHOP, lol.

Who cares though. Regardless of ODLH or Tito being possibly 1 dimensional, they were hella entertaining to watch. I'd watch ODLH or Tito 10x over a BHOP fight, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Good resume.

Boarderline ATG.
        Borderline damn at least give him top 50-75 all time.

We not talking about James Toney

Comment

By the way, was there a reason why Kostya Tszyu and Oscar De La Hoya never got to fight? Did they fought at a different divisions at the time they were contending?

Comment

Quartey
            Mosley 2
            Tito
            Pernell

Everyone has their opinions, but you could argue Oscar won them all. Not even including his other quality wins, that's a damn good resume.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
              He's old school in that he fought everyone, but that doesn't also mean it immediately equals ATG. Definitely HOF, but not ATG. Some might also question if he was one dimensional with only a left hook. Granted I think Tito could be said the same. Yet both were exposed by BHOP, lol.

Who cares though. Regardless of ODLH or Tito being possibly 1 dimensional, they were hella entertaining to watch. I'd watch ODLH or Tito 10x over a BHOP fight, lol.
              Oscar's losses were more entertaining than Hopkins biggest wins.
              ELPacman ELPacman likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

Oscar's losses were more entertaining than Hopkins biggest wins.
                That's what I'm saying. You can say BHOP is the better fighter all day, but I would rather be watching ODLH fights all day long than a single BHOP fight, lol.

Comment

If Crawford is an ATG, so is Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                    If Crawford is an ATG, so is Oscar
                    Oh, does Crawford check the boxes and apply as one if he retired right now? (Not that he will I mean)

Crawford has wins over Yuriorkis Gamboa, Viktor Postol, Jeff Horn, Mean Machine, Shawn Porter and Errol Spence so far. Not sure who else is a noteworthy win.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

That's what I'm saying. You can say BHOP is the better fighter all day, but I would rather be watching ODLH fights all day long than a single BHOP fight, lol.
                      Fundamentally and discipline wise, Bernard may be a little better than Oscar, but I thought Oscar was outboxing Bernard up to the ko.

Comment

Working...
                      X