Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Rule to Make Oscar Valdez-Liam Wilson for 130-Pound Interim Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Warren and Bob helped legitimise the WBO in the 90’s, they had their star fighters like De La Hoya, Hamed etc fight for and defend the WBO belt which gave it credibility.

I guess the WBO will always remain indebted and Warren and Arum will take of advantage of that.
    Very true. Great post. And let’s be honest, wbc and wba are no better. Look at how inconsistent they are depending on who is holding their belt.

I aren’t keen on the rehydration clause but IBF seem to stick to their rules. Just give mando spots to some pretty unworthy challengers.

I really take stock in the ring magazine title. The look of it is beautiful and more prestigious than any alphabet soup title. IMO of course.

Comment

Originally posted by TookHerToThe0 View Post

Very true. Great post. And let’s be honest, wbc and wba are no better. Look at how inconsistent they are depending on who is holding their belt.

I aren’t keen on the rehydration clause but IBF seem to stick to their rules. Just give mando spots to some pretty unworthy challengers.

I really take stock in the ring magazine title. The look of it is beautiful and more prestigious than any alphabet soup title. IMO of course.
      They’re all as bad as each other really. Tbh, I’d probably argue the more historically significant orgs like the WBC and WBA are worse than the newer orgs like the IBF and WBO.

The Ring definitely carries weight, usually means #1 has beat #2 or the main man in the division has been dethroned. Obviously there are a few occasions were it doesn’t but their ranking generally give an accurate reflection of the each weight class.
      TookHerToThe0 TookHerToThe0 likes this.

Comment

Valdez is not winning this fight.

Comment

Working...
        X