Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBO Rule to Make Oscar Valdez-Liam Wilson for 130-Pound Interim Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBO Rule to Make Oscar Valdez-Liam Wilson for 130-Pound Interim Title

Oscar Valdez has endured a pair of discouraging defeats during the past two years, but at 33 the former two-division champion has an opportunity on Friday to reunite with a world-title belt and elevate back toward another prominent showdown. The World Boxing Organization on Tuesday announced that Valdez's junior-lightweight bout against Australia's Liam Wilson (13-2, 7 KOs) is for its interim 130lbs title. That interim tag might vanish quickly considering reigning champion Emanuel Navarrete of Mexico is strongly positioned to claim the WBO lightweight belt ib May 18 when he meets Ukraine's Denys Berinchyk (18-0, 9 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 03-26-2024, 08:36 PM.

The WBO doing Bob’s bidding yet again.

They’re ranked #2 and #4 too. Bell is at #1 and Cortes is at #3.

Comment

No way Valdez becomes a champ again? Lmfao I guess once navarette vacates

Comment

How fucking disgraceful. Valdez has gotten beaten like a human punching bag by Navarette and Shakur, is a PED user, but gets benefitted from Bob’s felatious relationship with the WBO.
        Corelone Corelone likes this.

Comment

Arum copying Eddys business model. Selling zombies for their notoriety. Valdez hasn't shown anything but heart since the big bust. Benn? Even less, still in the shallow end of the pool, but worth millions to hear Eddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            How ***********ing disgraceful. Valdez has gotten beaten like a human punching bag by Navarette and Shakur, is a PED user, but gets benefitted from Bob’s felatious relationship with the WBO.
            I'm seriously hoping in an upset here, also because I'm betting on it.

As you said, Valdez has been beaten like a drum in his last fights (and that includes the one he won vs Adam Lopez in their rematch). Wilson nearly knocked Navarrete out, and is younger and fresher. I believe Oscar is ripe for the taking.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              The WBO doing Bob’s bidding yet again.

They’re ranked #2 and #4 too. Bell is at #1 and Cortes is at #3.
              So does frank warren. At this point I’m starting to believe that WBO stands for Warren & Bob Organisation.

I like how Crawford uses there rules though to move through weight classes and gets instant title shots. I love watching bud.

Comment

Originally posted by TookHerToThe0 View Post

So does frank warren. At this point I’m starting to believe that WBO stands for Warren & Bob Organisation.

I like how Crawford uses there rules though to move through weight classes and gets instant title shots. I love watching bud.
                Warren and Bob helped legitimise the WBO in the 90’s, they had their star fighters like De La Hoya, Hamed etc fight for and defend the WBO belt which gave it credibility.

I guess the WBO will always remain indebted and Warren and Arum will take of advantage of that.
                TookHerToThe0 TookHerToThe0 likes this.

Comment

Im not sure who Bob thinks is going to win. He might think he's throwing Valdez a cupcake. One last gift of appreciation. I really think Valdez might be the ballsiest warrior in the sport, but he's just been soaaking up punishment and looks like a different guy. Much as I love Valdez, I think this ok Austrailian beats him but Valdez still gets the decision.
                  Last edited by Wacked_Out; 03-26-2024, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Bob Arum has quite the scam going with the WBO.

Whenever his champions want to move up in weight they get to automatically challenge for the WBO belt. And whichever of his fighters stays behind will get a chance at fighting for the “interim” belt.

This piece of sh-t has everything rigged in Top Rank’s favor.

Comment

Working...
                    X