Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Foreman-Norton, 50 Years Later: 'The Styles Were Just Right For Me'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Foreman-Norton, 50 Years Later: 'The Styles Were Just Right For Me'

No man is invincible, but if ever there was a valid time to question that reality, it was on March 26, 1974, when world heavyweight champion George Foreman ran his record to 40-0 by annihilating Ken Norton in Caracas, Venezuela.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 03-26-2024, 04:35 PM.

Brilliant article - thank you!
    buge buge likes this.

Comment

Terrific!It seems the better an article is written on here the less attention it gets.
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Nice boxing article...Even nicer picture! Foreman was a bad dude.

Comment

I saw this fight on close circuit at Westhill High School in Stamford, CT with my father, I was 17 at the time, Foreman destroyed Norton. My father did not go with me to see Ali vs Foreman also at the same venue, because he said the same thing would happen to Ali, but we all know what happened. Foreman was considered unbeatable at that time. Great memories.

Comment

Good article -- more like this please.
            Tecnoworld Tecnoworld likes this.

Comment

Nicely written article. Foreman was very gracious and humble over his knocking out of Norton. Those were good days when you only had one champ and top guys fought each other win, lose or draw. Foreman was a killer back then. He turned out to be a good dude and he idolized Ali especially after Ali knocked him out.

Comment

Incredible to read such a good boxing article in 2024!

Comment

I was a kid when Forman started his comeback. He was fighting scrubs and getting back in shape, and I had a chance to see him doing a workout in Fort Myers Beach in Florida. Talked a buddy into skipping school to come with me. They shuffled a group of through to an area in this hotel, and there was George, working a heavy bag with a man perched behind it calling out punches. Every time he threw a cross or uppercut, this poor soul that drew that short straw was lifted up off the ground with the impact on the bag. Both feet. I swear. He was no small dude either, maybe as tall and wide as Foreman.

From that moment on, I was a fan. Read all could about his fights, watched with glee as he got better and better during that comeback. Such a fun, smart man who happened to be a boxer. You want to watch the most underrated HW fight of all time? Type in Foreman against Ron Lyle in 1976. Just sums up that eras greatness.

Comment

Nicely read.
                    The same thing can be said of Deontay Wilder abandoning boxing for power until he meets a boxer.

Comment

Working...
                    X