Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd Mayweather start the Rehydration Clause ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i could imagine floyd having them and having nda's so his opponent isnt allowed to say so. no evidence of that but the guy was a fraud and a cheat so if he could get away with it, he would
    RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM RuleOfTheSpear likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
      Floyd did try to have one put in vs Canelo but there ended up not being one. And there was supposed to be one for his matchup vs Marquez, along with a catchweight of 144, to make it more fair for the lightweight champion coming up, but Mayweather got those scrapped, so Marquez ended up fighting 3 weight divisions up from his usual. I think that's how they're supposed to be used, to make it more fair for the B-side, rather than stacking the deck for the A-side, but, well, boxing...
      JMM was with 135 weighing 145 on fight night Floyd was never over 150 fight night and weighed 146 , where is 3 divisions between them I cant see or find it no matter how hard I look.

x720.jpg

pacquiao-marquez.png
      Hustle Hustle likes this.

Comment

Floyd was HBO and Showtime era. Almost all of his fights had unofficial fight night weigh ins. Robert is just talking trash because he cant name a single fight that floyd had a rehydration limit and if he did it would be known and talked about on HBO or Showtime. You can see how much Canelo, Oscar and Maidana weighed more than floyd on fight night.
        _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          Did the IBF introduce it?

I remember it was one of the belts. Guess its IBF. For an IBF fight they have to weigh in the day before like normal to make the division limit (ex 147 pounds) then do an IBF same day weigh in which is the morning of the fight with max 10 pounds rehydrated. Then they have from that morning weigh in to gain as much as they want before the fight.

For unification fights apparently the IBF doesnt enforce the rule, from what I can tell
          https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...d-title-fights

The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

JMM was with 135 weighing 145 on fight night Floyd was never over 150 fight night and weighed 146 , where is 3 divisions between them I cant see or find it no matter how hard I look.

x720.jpg

pacquiao-marquez.png
            Exactly.

Plus Marquez greatest victory came at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post

Exactly.

Plus Marquez greatest victory came at 147.
              There is a lot of fans that talk about divisions and totally disregard fight night weight, which is just madness to me when fight night weight is the real weight they fight at and weighin weight to fight night can often span 3 divisions, they always try and make out Floyd to be this giant when he was a little dude that came from 130 was never over 151 fight night in his entire career, and to top of how dumb fans can be is they will then say how was he dehydrated like all the recorded weights are invisible and he is a MW, and even when you explain how that can happen in an athlete they just go on with their ignorant narrative, he was weighed fight night numerous times across his career so you can get an accurate weight picture across 20 yrs as a fighter.

The bottom line is haters will hate and connect dots in anyway that sounds right to their limited knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                i could imagine floyd having them and having nda's so his opponent isnt allowed to say so. no evidence of that but the guy was a fraud and a cheat so if he could get away with it, he would

most of floyd's entire career had fight night weigh ins for HBO and showtime so you would see reduced weight of his opponents there which has not been the case

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

There is a lot of fans that talk about divisions and totally disregard fight night weight, which is just madness to me when fight night weight is the real weight they fight at and weighin weight to fight night can often span 3 divisions, they always try and make out Floyd to be this giant when he was a little dude that came from 130 was never over 151 fight night in his entire career, and to top of how dumb fans can be is they will then say how was he dehydrated like all the recorded weights are invisible and he is a MW, and even when you explain how that can happen in an athlete they just go on with their ignorant narrative, he was weighed fight night numerous times across his career so you can get an accurate weight picture across 20 yrs as a fighter.

The bottom line is haters will hate and connect dots in anyway that sounds right to their limited knowledge.
                  It shouldn't be disregarded but nor is it the same as weighing in for the equivalent division. What's gained is water weight and doesn't negate the toll exacted making the contract weight.

Comment

Originally posted by dan-b View Post

It shouldn't be disregarded but nor is it the same as weighing in for the equivalent division. What's gained is water weight and doesn't negate the toll exacted making the contract weight.
                    Im not quite sure what your saying here, I understand making weight is a toll on the system but in the context of Floyd JMM Manny etc they just didn't dry out hardly at all to make weight in the higher divisions and was fighting at their natural weight gaining a few pounds higher.

I believe the weight they fight at is the most import weight in any sort of evaluation, of course its combined with making weight but is the actually fighting weight, its the reason why going up in weight will never hurt you, going down can cause a shipwreck.
                    Last edited by Roadblock; 03-26-2024, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

I remember it was one of the belts. Guess its IBF. For an IBF fight they have to weigh in the day before like normal to make the division limit (ex 147 pounds) then do an IBF same day weigh in which is the morning of the fight with max 10 pounds rehydrated. Then they have from that morning weigh in to gain as much as they want before the fight.

For unification fights apparently the IBF doesnt enforce the rule, from what I can tell
                      https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...d-title-fights
                      Yeah I think they started doing it around the early 2010’s if I remember correctly.

Yeah unifications are fought under unified rules or something like that, so the the rehydration limit doesn’t apply.
                      The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X