No announcement yet.

Errol Spence Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
    That ass whooping has nothing to do with derrick. Crawford just beat his azz like bad. Its hard to come back from that. Just getting knocked out is easier to come back from, but he was whooped, embarrassed. Maybe Robert Garcia and go to 154 and try your luck.
    IDK. The way James downplayed Crawford and his resume leading up to the fight leads me to believe he drastically underestimated Crawford which means there was no game plan in place to give Errol the best chance at success.

Add to the fact him saying that "head movement is overrated" which ultimately led to his fighter getting his repeatedly punched on doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
      If Spence was going to continue his career, he should've gotten back in the ring by now.

This is the problem Wilder had.

If you have a bad loss, you gotta get back in there like Hearns did 3 months after losing to Leonard.

When you wait to late, it builds it up in your mind too much
      I think it depends on how you lost. Spence took a career altering beating so coming back in 3 months is kinda nuts. Also, isn't there a mandatory minimum medical suspension he would have had to serve anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

IDK. The way James downplayed Crawford and his resume leading up to the fight leads me to believe he drastically underestimated Crawford which means there was no game plan in place to give Errol the best chance at success.

Add to the fact him saying that "head movement is overrated" which ultimately led to his fighter getting his repeatedly punched on doesn't help.
        I can see this being some of the Spence problems
        James never thought that Bud would have that strength and that kind of ring iq
        Errol had no answers and neither did his corner

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

He was completely unprepared and completely clueless to how Bud was dogwalking his boy. Reminds me of Buddy McGirt who is bloody terrible (openly admitted he doesn't watch tape of opponents, and has the same plan regardless of who the opponent is) This new generation of trainer seems to like the attention a lot more than the work.
          SweetPbfAli SweetPbfAli likes this.

Comment

I like spence with freddie roach

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
              i dont know why fighters wait until they loses to jump ship??? so are they saying all the times they won, the trainer aint got nothing to do with it, but the moment they lose, the trainer have everything to do with it and is to blame?
              He is not blaming the trainer for losing he hasn't said anything about the loss and offered no excuses, he could be looking for a change for any number of reasons, I read somewhere he was looking at Calvin Ford.

Comment

Apparently Spence’s posters have been removed from Derrick’s gym and his name removed from the punchbags so there’s probably some TRUTH (pun intended) to this. Still, at 34yo it’s too LATE to make any drastic changes to his fighting style and not worth ruining a lifelong relationship with his coach.
                Legends456 Legends456 likes this.

Comment

I think thats too late. 34 is too late to switch trainers.

Castano, who beat Spence in the amateurs, even predicted granny pac to beat spence because he said the latter couldn't take a punch. In retrospect, it's not that spence couldnt take a punch, he was just trained to not move his head to avoid a punch. Derrick trained him to be a robot, stiff and predictable. Saying things like head movement is overrated. smh.

Any 54 pounder champ will eat him alive. His best win is featherweight Mikey for f_kcs.sake

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
                    i dont know why fighters wait until they loses to jump ship??? so are they saying all the times they won, the trainer aint got nothing to do with it, but the moment they lose, the trainer have everything to do with it and is to blame?
                    I never liked it when fighters do this. I wanted Spence to win but had he won he would more than likely would still be with James
                    IceTrayDaGang IceTrayDaGang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

He is not blaming the trainer for losing he hasn't said anything about the loss and offered no excuses, he could be looking for a change for any number of reasons, I read somewhere he was looking at Calvin Ford.
                      come on bruh... when a fighter leave his long time trainer after taking an L, that always mean he's blaming his trainer. because like i said, why wait until you take an L, to get up and leave?
                      charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X