Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nicholas Walters Ready To Show The World He 'Still Has It' In WNF Headliner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 1st quote of his is baffling

Comment

I totally get that he wanted more family time. I respect that. But also… man he gave up his prime earning years. That’s tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

Wait what??. I read Wednesday but 8 am??
        lol they fixed it now, musta been a typo.

Comment

Welcome back Axe Man. I hope that everything turns out well for him. I've never seen more class , grace, and sportsmanship as what Walters and Donaire displayed in the ring after their fight. It was quite a moment. Whenever people try to tell me that boxing is just two guys trying to knock each other out ,I refer them to that episode. I feel sorry for people who can't see boxing for what it really is.

Comment

Walters was a hot product when he was up and coming. Just blasting fighters out. When he flattened Donaire face first, I thought, damn!! The power is real and so was he. Then he faced Loma and like every other opponent Loma was facing around that time, they all just quit on their stool after about 5-8 rounds with Loma. I think he lost all taste for boxing following that defeat because Loma made it look like Walters was a rookie. Walters probably thought, if he can't beat Loma, he'd never be champion worthy and just quit. That sucks because he was fun to watch for the most part. Now he's coming back at a time he should have been really looking to get out.

Comment

Not bad for a ProBoxTV headliner. Been seeing glimpses of ProBox fights and I could see it's a serious business.
              Production quality is not bad. Good to seeing alternatives when nothing in the mainstream make sense.

ProBox should be wooing more fighters that genuinely want to be active.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                Walters was a hot product when he was up and coming. Just blasting fighters out. When he flattened Donaire face first, I thought, damn!! The power is real and so was he. Then he faced Loma and like every other opponent Loma was facing around that time, they all just quit on their stool after about 5-8 rounds with Loma. I think he lost all taste for boxing following that defeat because Loma made it look like Walters was a rookie. Walters probably thought, if he can't beat Loma, he'd never be champion worthy and just quit. That sucks because he was fun to watch for the most part. Now he's coming back at a time he should have been really looking to get out.
                Bob Arum did Walters dirty. They had him on the shelf for almost a year leading up to the Lomachenko fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Bob Arum did Walters dirty. They had him on the shelf for almost a year leading up to the Lomachenko fight.
                  walters was the one who turned down the loma fight and a huge payday(for those weight classes) that was walters' fault. he didnt have enough power to avoid loma and pick a munguia type bum to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

walters was the one who turned down the loma fight and a huge payday(for those weight classes) that was walters' fault. he didnt have enough power to avoid loma and pick a munguia type bum to fight.
                    Top Rank froze him out after he asked for more money to fight Lomachenko.

Typical behavior from Bob Arum.

Comment

this business is filled to the brim with unrealistic mf's
                      mf's who thought their ass would age like wine
                      if you mean it turns to vinegar, it does
                      if you mean it gets better with age, it don't

Comment

Working...
                      X