Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Remembering Roberto Duran: The Best Wins Authored by 'Hands of Stone'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duran was an elite fighter, a living legend, 100 all the way!
    ElCampeon101 ElCampeon101 likes this.

Comment

Duran was is and will be remembered as special , too many enormous wins to mention.
      I was in a car with Kirland Laing and he gave me , a rendition of how a fighter feels in the run up to fighting a legend, such as Duran. He told me he couldn't get any feelings in his legs only two hours before his fight with the great man and that his trainer /promoter Micky Duff had to massage his legs continuously up until fight time .Kirk was on fire that night against a unmotivated Duran who was far from finished as Don King thought (he handed Duran his contract back after Kirk beat him-big mistake!).Duran is and will always be in my top five of all time and would have been special in any era.I hope the man does live until he's 100!

Comment

I'm hoping Roberto makes it to 100! His fight with Barkley is one of the most entertaining fights ever. His first battle with Leonard is epic. His defeat of Davey Moore is one of the worst beatings. He arguably beat Marvin Hagler. He crushed Cuevas like a tomato can. His fight with Buchannan was savage. And for Duran to take down Buchannan who had much more experience at the time, at just 21 years old, was huge. And then he bested DeJesus twice in two fun fights. There will always be a case for Duran being the best of all time.
        Hard Hands Hard Hands likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

I like SRL a heck of a lot. But duran was the greatest of the four. Losing h2h don't mean much, we all know that
          That’s what I was saying. You said he’s the best. He’s 1-4 against them. Arguably the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            He can arguably be the greatest of them with his longevity and success through the weight classes but best would be a hard sell since he lost to all of them.
            A natural 135 pounder at 5'6", did pretty good against all, but the 6'2" Hearns.

Comment

I’m still not sure how he beat Barkley. At 37 years old, that was just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                The best of the fab four
                I like to call them the fab five and include Benitez in the mix

Comment

W T H
                  headline is that, scared the hell out of me....

Comment

That headline was a LOW BLOW!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

One of my favorite fighters for the way he forged that stellar resume full of legendary performances. An undisputed legend.

Comment

Working...
                      X