Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Remembering Roberto Duran: The Best Wins Authored by 'Hands of Stone'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Remembering Roberto Duran: The Best Wins Authored by 'Hands of Stone'

Remembering Roberto Duran: The Best Wins Authored by 'Hands of Stone'
    [Click Here To Read More]
    eco1 eco1 likes this.

Greatest fighter of all time.

Best pound for pound fighter of the ‘70’s, and greatest lightweight in history, most complete fighting machine from ‘75-‘80, beat the biggest fighter of the incredible ‘80’s in probably the single best win ever, the only former lightweight champ who could last 15 with peak Hagler, the only 37 year old former lightweight champ who could beat peak Barkley. Unmatched technical ferocity, challenged himself like no other fighter of the past 60 years, avoided no-one.

Hope you do live to 100 Roberto.

Comment

When I read "Remembering Roberto Duran" my heart stopped for five seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Elding View Post
        Greatest fighter of all time.

Best pound for pound fighter of the ‘70’s, and greatest lightweight in history, most complete fighting machine from ‘75-‘80, beat the biggest fighter of the incredible ‘80’s in probably the single best win ever, the only former lightweight champ who could last 15 with peak Hagler, the only 37 year old former lightweight champ who could beat peak Barkley. Unmatched technical ferocity, challenged himself like no other fighter of the past 60 years, avoided no-one.

Hope you do live to 100 Roberto.
        Duran was all that, and much more. He was a champion among champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
          Same here
          Thought they were stating something else

Comment

Duran was an animal in the ring, his wins against Buchanan, Dejesus, Leonard, Palomino, Cuevas, Moore, Barkley, and draw against Haglar, were sensational.
            Duran was so good that he moved up in weight, and defeated much bigger fighters than himself with will, skill, guts, and a self belief like no other.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
              I was thinking the same thing. Duran was a fighter with so much grit, determination and dog in him in and sometimes out of his prime. He was an absolute mauler and animal in that ring. He didn't get his nickname "Hands of Stone" for nothing. Duran grew up with no money, resources or any of the modern comforts that others had and that's what made him the fighter he was.

Comment

The best of the fab four
                The D3vil The D3vil eco1 eco1 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  The best of the fab four
                  He can arguably be the greatest of them with his longevity and success through the weight classes but best would be a hard sell since he lost to all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    He can arguably be the greatest of them with his longevity and success through the weight classes but best would be a hard sell since he lost to all of them.
                    I like SRL a heck of a lot. But duran was the greatest of the four. Losing h2h don't mean much, we all know that
                    The D3vil The D3vil likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X