Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dalton Smith Scores Impressive Body Shot Stoppage Of Jose Zepeda

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's never a good sign when a boxer says he'll retire if he loses.

Comment

Smith hid that shot to the solar plexus really well. Zepeda was expecting Dalton to go to the head and that body shot froze him dead in his tracks. Great shot.

Comment

Great punch by Dalton. That being said, the UK announcers mentioned that Zepeda was considered to be the favorite everywhere else but the UK. I didn't look at the odds but I didn't think this version of Zepeda was going to win.

Chon has been in some wars over the years and he doesn't look the same fighter. Definitely a good time to call it a career. He came up short in his biggest fights but he has some real good wins too, the Baranchyk and Vargas fights being most memorable.

On a side note, I recall Vargas and his dad talking a lot of trash before that fight and Chon sparked him out brutally seconds into the fight. Extremely violent.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
          It's never a good sign when a boxer says he'll retire if he loses.
          Yeah, he knew he was done but turned up for the money and in the hope he could catch Dalton Smith with a shot as he's never fought at a high level.

I think he knew outside of that he hasn't got much left.

Not to take away anything from Smith, he did a great job but there's far far more difficult tests in the division than the version of Chon he fought last night.
          steeve steel steeve steel likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X