Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jimmy Joe Flint Defeats Campbell Hatton In A Battle Over 10 Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jimmy Joe Flint Defeats Campbell Hatton In A Battle Over 10 Rounds

Doncaster's Jimmy Joe Flint and Campbell Hatton shared a 10-round war for Flint's Central Area title in Sheffield, and when all was said and done Flint became the first man to defeat young Hatton.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't think many, if any, people really expected young Hatton to go far based on what he's shown up to this point. But fair play to the lad, regardless of talent it takes balls to step into the ring

Comment

This is why Conor Benn always ducked domestic competition.
      Clegg Clegg likes this.

Comment

Justice that Hatton has lost his unbeaten record after that disgusting robbery a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          This is why Conor Benn always ducked domestic competition.
          Spot on. At least Benn is competent enough to beat some guys that were well known contenders 10 years ago, usually with no power. So they could let him face some recognisable old names until they cash him out, while avoiding good active domestic fighters.

Hatton wasn't good enough to do that with, his ceiling is very very low. Hearn knows full well Hatton is going nowhere so he will roll the dice on him in these lower domestic 50-50s from now, just to fill a card.

I'll be surprised if Hatton is still a boxer in 18 months time.
          Last edited by deathofaclown; 03-23-2024, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I had it 8 to two as well...cheers judge. Hatton seems a great kid, but what sloppy boxing

Comment

When is Hatton going to learn not to leave his chin in the air? Zero head/body movement whilst punching, he got hit far too much tonight.

Comment

Entertaining fight. Hatton not particularly skilled/talented but he tries hard. His body seemed to want to go down a few times but his heart and will kept him up. He seems like a decent kid with class.

The Lavars/Mirga fight was really enjoyable. Nice contrast in styles with some ebb and flow. Wicked body shot by Lavars to earn his first stoppage win, I thought he was going to lose after that cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual Riot View Post
                  When is Hatton going to learn not to leave his chin in the air? Zero head/body movement whilst punching, he got hit far too much tonight.
                  I just think he has no aptitude for boxing.

He's pretty game and doesn't mind getting stuck in during the fight, so credit for that, but you can just see his ceiling is very low and the ability will never be there.

Either that or he's got the completely wrong style. They've trained him to fight like his dad, but he has no power, nor the quick feet of his dad to close range and fight inside. You can't use that Ricky Hatton style if you hit like a 12 year old girl.

If hes serious about improving, I'd send him to a trainer with no connection to the family, let them see what his athletic traits are and develop a totally different style based on them because he hasn't got what's required to use his dad's style like he tries to.

Comment

It was clear from what i’ve seen so far that he wasn’t going to be like his dad, or better. But I was still rooting for him to develop into a star because I did like Ricky Hatton.

He still has a chance if he makes significant changes in the ring and that starts with the gym. He just has to look at guys like Bernard Hopkins, Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao. All suffered defeats to absolute nobodies early in their HOF careers.

Comment

Working...
                    X