No announcement yet.

Dalton Smith vs Jose Zepeda - DAZN - Fight By Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
    Really good finish from Smith and it will look very good on the resume, but I still have no idea of how good a win it actually is. Tough to project how you match Smith from here, I'd still be hesitant about putting him in with top 15 guys. Would guys like Ponce or Gollaz be potential fights next? Lots of danger in those, but really no turning back to domestic or even euro level now
    If I were Smith I'd push for the Azim fight right now, turn himself into as much of a domestic attraction as possible
    Butt stuff Butt stuff BigZ44 BigZ44 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by b Murphington View Post

You think he crapped a little bit from
      that one?
      If that hit me, I know I’d be on the apron with my gut gurgling and my anus leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post

If I were Smith I'd push for the Azim fight right now, turn himself into as much of a domestic attraction as possible
        BOXXER would have to be willing to accept the fight first.

If Smith really wants to be ambitious.......go after Prograis. He has one fight left on his MR contract, and I assume he wants to hurt someone after Haney dominated him.

As for the performance:
        Smith was cagey, composed, compact. He fought how he needed to against a big puncher, and he was able to find the KO punch. Tonight's performance from him was not super entertaining, but it was a success nevertheless. He did what Hitchens could not.

Now if Prograis is a step too far, fair enough. I just hope Smith stays active. There's many 140lbers to choose from.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 03-23-2024, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boogbx View Post
          I got Zepeda blasting Smith out of there in under 6. The Brit bleeds, overextends himself and has overrated power. His last 2 fights against other bums went the distance.

styles make fights and Smith is tailor
          made for Zepeda. Zepeda by vicious counter KO catching Smiths horrible defense slipping.
          Not only were you wrong on the way the fight ends, but you were wrong on Dalton going 12 the last time out. He knocked Maxwell out.

In fact, you're wrong about everything. Zepeda can't fight on the front foot. He's far too goofy and overreaches with his shots whilst leaving himself open for the counter. He doesn't have the explosive speed to get his shots off the way Dalton does and did on the lead and stepping in either. This fight and the one last time out against Hitchins exposed that about him horribly. Plus, his defence has never been good. Dalton's is massively better.

I think you should watch fights a bit longer when breaking down styles because this is not it.

Comment

Originally posted by madhive View Post
            Is a British title the ceiling for Campbell Hatton?
            He's definitely not coming close to getting his hands on a British title. That's well beyond his level.

Comment

Working...
            X