No announcement yet.

The thing about Benavidez and Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing about Benavidez and Canelo

Benny is nowhere near Froch, Kessler, Ward. The last batch of decent SMW. Yet he is made out to be some type of killer. And Canelo is avoiding this fighter for multiple years already.

Yet people call Canelo a HOF whilst Pirog flattened Jacobs (Canelos best win), something ginger could not do ?

Boxing is a money laundering scheme at this point.

As I have stated many times, this is nothing more the Bivol vs Gilberto 2.0. Canelo won't sweep rounds and make him look stupid but it won't be as competitive as GGGimmick 1 and 2.

All this back and forth and financial requests is to try and get the Saudis to bite and overvalue this fight.

This thing might sell a little better than Canelo vs Plant but if they can con the Saudi that is probably a 50% or more increase in purses.

Neither have a social media following like Ryan who can inflate a PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
      As I have stated many times, this is nothing more the Bivol vs Gilberto 2.0. Canelo won't sweep rounds and make him look stupid but it won't be as competitive as GGGimmick 1 and 2.

All this back and forth and financial requests is to try and get the Saudis to bite and overvalue this fight.

This thing might sell a little better than Canelo vs Plant but if they can con the Saudi that is probably a 50% or more increase in purses.

Neither have a social media following like Ryan who can inflate a PPV.
      This right there.

It is Bivol - Ramirez situation all over again. A limited bigger pressure fighter fighting a smaller smart counter-puncher.

Why everybody pretends like it is some big deal is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Haka View Post
        Benny is nowhere near Froch, Kessler, Ward. .
        based on what? because you dislike him? Froch really? lol..David is better than all of them.

Last edited by Oracle01; 03-23-2024, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
          I guess that is why Canelo chose Benavidez as the fighter to demand 200m right? and why he's become a laughing stock of the boxing world and viewed as a ducker. Because its such an uncompetitive fight. Amazing logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

based on what? because you dislike him? Froch really? lol..David is better than all of them.
            Based on everything.

Comment

Froch and Kessler lol.

Benavidez would mop the floor with these euros. So would Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Haka View Post
                Benny is nowhere near Froch, Kessler, Ward. The last batch of decent SMW. Yet he is made out to be some type of killer. And Canelo is avoiding this fighter for multiple years already.

Yet people call Canelo a HOF whilst Pirog flattened Jacobs (Canelos best win), something ginger could not do ?

Boxing is a money laundering scheme at this point.
                I’d pick him to beat Froch and Kessler. His resume still leaves a lot to be desired but that doesn’t mean he’s not a great talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

I guess that is why Canelo chose Benavidez as the fighter to demand 200m right? and why he's become a laughing stock of the boxing world and viewed as a ducker. Because its such an uncompetitive fight. Amazing logic.
                  It is because they are trying to get the Saudi to buy this fight with fraudulent numbers and the idea that this is some super fight when it is no more than Bivol vs Ramirez mandatory. Seems to be over your head.

200 million, charities, and all kinds of nonsense to get the Saudis to bite on this with guaranteed money

Last edited by hhh1200; 03-23-2024, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

I’d pick him to beat Froch and Kessler. His resume still leaves a lot to be desired but that doesn’t mean he’s not a great talent.

So you have him up there with Calzaghe already ? After beating Plant who was never anything in the first place ? Plant couldn't even drop a bum in a street fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X