ESPN reported Wilder vs Zhang June 1st?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great fight!! Big KO coming up!

Comment

Theyre both old. I never seen wilder afraid to throw like he was last fight, it was weird. zhang has always been slow. Not a bad match up, they both had problems with parker's movement, they both will be readily available targets for each other.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
        Theyre both old. I never seen wilder afraid to throw like he was last fight, it was weird.
        I don't think he was afraid. The trigger isnt the same after Fury. Parker is also a hard target like Spilka. And he needed to measure and time perfect to catch Spilka around his best form. Zhang is a southpaw ox and southpaws love the straight right. He'll get it off clean but what is left of it?

Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Zhang has many ways to victory, Wilder has a puncher’s chance. Twerkin’ Deontay going down for good.

If Wilder manages to survive to late rounds his chance of landing his bombs goes up.

Great goodbye fight for the loser and a good scalp for the winner either way.

Dubois vs Hrgovic also a good fight. Two guys with lots of power but little to no defensive game. Gotta favor Hrgovic for his chin seems much better so far.

Great matchups both.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            The rematch clause only applies if the Saudi dude wants it to apply.

Same with the rematch clause for Fury/Usyk.

If the dude decides he doesn't wanna see a rematch, there is no rematch. Because he's bankrolling the thing.
            That is the right answer.

I don`t know why everybody thinks Fury and Usyk will have a rematch. They will have it if his excellency decides so. If he decides otherwise, there will be no rematch for Saudis money.

Comment

This is a good fight for both at this stage in their career. Wilder is probably ageing, probably not. I can't tell based on his Parker fight because he was out of the ring for two years and on some drugs while Parker is obviously in top shape. But Wilder has a lot more gas than Zhang and can take punches, only if he has the courage he used to have - the fight can be interesting. But if he is a 96 kilos ayahuasca guy - he better quit boxing.
              Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

I think Turki hopes Wilder can still throw a big right and KO Zhang, so that they can make AJ -Wilder. I see no other reason why is Wilder getting another pay day after that miserable performance against Parker.

Saudis are obviously over fascinated with these big heavyweigts.

I would love to see Kabayel in a big fight soon.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                  I think Turki hopes Wilder can still throw a big right and KO Zhang, so that they can make AJ -Wilder. I see no other reason why is Wilder getting another pay day after that miserable performance against Parker.

Saudis are obviously over fascinated with these big heavyweigts.

I would love to see Kabayel in a big fight soon.
                  Wilder might be old and past it. Happens to them all eventually. But I'm not reading much into that fight against Parker. Parker was very picky about when and how much to engage and Wilder didn't engage at all, like a man sitting on the shelf for 26 months. A foolish fight for Wilder to take and tune-ups against < top 10s were needed. Joshua's hot again but has had worse performances than that, and not by a little.
                  I see giving the guy with more title fight wins than anyone else in the era another go, but I wish it wasn't potentially at the expense of the Chinese folk hero.
                  Prognosticating further, I like A.J.s chances with Fury better than anyone's at present, but Zhang and Especially Wilder remain bad matchups for Joshua, at least until they prove they are shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
                    I like A.J.s chances with Fury better than anyone's at present, but Zhang and Especially Wilder remain bad matchups for Joshua, at least until they prove they are shot.
                    As for the guy who recently beat both Wilder and Zhang, the guy who also lost a dubiously reffed bout against Joshua 6 years ago...

Do you fancy Joshua's chances against him now ?

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                      If Wilder comes forward and fights with aggression, he wins by early KO.

If Wilder is timid like he was against Parker he gets rocked and stopped and probably retired.
                      hellz no!!! if wilder come out swinging, he gets slept!!! zhang has showed to be a better boxer/puncher than wilder...

wilder throws wild looping punches, he's gonna get slept!

to beat zhang, you gotta box and move to tired him out. if you bang with him, you gon get zhang'd.

Comment

Working...
                      X