Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Ben Davison Wants Oleksandr Usyk, Not Tyson Fury, For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
    Juan Manuel Marquez got 4 shots at Manny Pacquiao but Joshua isn't allowed a third shot at Usyk after clearing out the division?

OK.

Some people man.
    Totally agree with you Sir . Say it again LOUD so the casuals and haters can hear it !!
    greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

AJ has in the last 6months ducked, Wilder, Parker, Zhang and Hrgovic to beat up on his sparring partner and demolish an MMA guy in a crossover exhibition.

He's been beaten twice in a row by Usyk and brings no belts to the table to warrant Fury risking his O against him.

AJ and Fast Eddie are windowlicking at the desert turkis palace trying to bait Fury or Usyk but the facts are he hasnt earned that shot.

Where as Joseph Parker has been clearing out the division and earned a first shot at Usyk and a rematch with Joshua.

billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
        AJ has in the last 6months ducked, Wilder, Parker, Zhang and Hrgovic to beat up on his sparring partner and demolish an MMA guy in a crossover exhibition.

He's been beaten twice in a row by Usyk and brings no belts to the table to warrant Fury risking his O against him.

AJ and Fast Eddie are windowlicking at the desert turkis palace trying to bait Fury or Usyk but the facts are he hasnt earned that shot.

Where as Joseph Parker has been clearing out the division and earned a first shot at Usyk and a rematch with Joshua.

Lololololol
        Joseph Parker his Promoter/Manager any Boxing Network Podcast or Boxing Articles was never asking for an AJ/Parker Fight
        Absolutely No one
        Only You!!!
        Wake up from your Fan Boy Dream
        Btw
        What Belts does Joseph Parker bring to the table?
        He got 2 Wins by going the distance against Wilder
        Then knocked down twice & nearly KO by Zhang
        Sooo based on that You think Parker earned his title shot before AJ
        Heh heh
        Last edited by greeneye99; 03-22-2024, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

Lololololol
          Joseph Parker his Promoter/Manager any Boxing Network Podcast or Boxing Articles waels ever asking for an AJ/Parker Fight
          Absolutely No one
          Only You!!!
          Wake up from your Fan Boy Dream
          Very true. Can't argue with that. Although I have no problem with seeing that matchup( I think AJ beats Parker again even more profoundly), NO ONE is even remotely Interested in that as a prospect. The conventional desire is to see Joshua against The Fury/ Usyek winner and a possible Hirvog matchup.
          kafkod kafkod greeneye99 greeneye99 like this.

Comment

I get it. I really do!

All you AJ nuthuggers want your guy to have the easiest path to a trash belt by avoiding anyone in the top ten.

And i totally understand that AJ doesn't want the Parker rematch because he knows without the ref and judges in Fast Eddies pocket he'd lose.

Fair enough AJ has ducked Wilder, Parker, Zhang and Hrgovic because he'd buckle under the mental pressure from fear of losing.

It's OK, he is what he is, a fragile diva Princess and you fanboys are what you are and like taking it up the bum.

That's totally fine. You do you!

Comment

yeah good call i guess, usyk is getting older now & if he hangs around someone will beat him, maybe fury will do it, i favour usyk now over fury as fury doesnt look fully at the races these days at all

Comment

I'm actually really curious to see the AJ v Parker rematch now. If Andy Lee can turn AJ into another one of these big punchers who don't want to pull the trigger, he's absolutely genius. And Parker is really good at sticking to the gameplan. That's a potent combination, especially at heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                  Juan Manuel Marquez got 4 shots at Manny Pacquiao but Joshua isn't allowed a third shot at Usyk after clearing out the division?

OK.

Some people man.
                  Marquez got ROBBED 3 times and for the 4th was forced to resort to calling Memo Heredia to get his hand raised.

That's not the same as Joshua who got soundly outboxed the first time and went full mental case the second.

Not even close to the same.
                  Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 03-23-2024, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Not sure how he is allowed to continue this fraudulent behavior but the 10 count should have started. That was a legit body shot by AJ. He should have had the belts before DDD. In my book, he beats Usyk soundly if there is a 3rd fight. This is no Fury/Wilder trilogy. Stick to my guns. This is the rebirth of AJ just like Vlad and Lennox.

https://youtube.com/shorts/LKgnaK77y88?feature=shared

Someone said it was the same ref in the DDD and AJ fights?

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Correct. Because neither fight was actually close.

Unless you're also saying Canelo/Bivol was close because of the scorecards?
                      Usyk was busted up after both fights 'Uysk won, but his wins were not dominant in my opinion'.

The most competitive fights Uysk has endured in his career are Joshua vs Uysk I & II, Usyk vs Bredis, Chisora vs Uysk. Overall I would rate Joshua vs Uysk II, definitively in Uysk's top-2 most competitive and difficult fights of his career.

Note: It is blatantly obvious, that you are apprehensive of Joshua fighting ether Fury or Usyk 'Because you know, that currently right now? Joshua would have a serious chance of beating both fighters'.

Oleksandr Uysk's best win over Anthony Joshua was in the their first fight 'And even that win was not dominant.

If Uysk beats Fury, then wants to retire 'Then he can retire'. Uysk really in my opinion is not obligated to fight Joshua 'But if considers himself a all-time great fighter, then I believe if the 3rd Joshua vs Uysk fight was called for? Then Oleksandr Uysk should take that fight'.

For many years, there has been a narrative promoted 'That Anthony Joshua is petrified, and terrified of all these other Heavyweights'. From my observation the only people who are petrified, are Joshua's critics 'Right now as we speak, they are extremely apprehensive'.

A current theme which is very apparent in Heavyweight boxing right now is 'How can we get Oleksandr Uysk or Tyson Fury out fighting Anthony Joshua. How can we convince the entire boxing community, the public, that those match ups do not need to happen'.

Rexy, this is what your behaviour on this thread is conveying.

Joshua's critics are apprehensive, they have just watched Joshua decimate Francis Ngannou 'Who was being promoted, as a supreme athlete with hulk like strength that is invulnerable to physical attacks'.

Toney Bellew said it himself 'If Francis Ngannou walked in a alley with any man, he will be the first man to leave that alley'. I don't believe in that statement 100%, because the facts are Francis Ngannou has just been completely obliterated by Anthony Joshua.

That is no disrespect to Ngannou, he is great combat fighter and he deserves respect for the challenges he has overcome 'But he has just been obliterated'.

And lets get it right? Joshua beat Ngannou at his own game 'Francis Ngannou is not black belt in any form of martial arts. Ngannou most preferred and strongest aspect of his mixed martials game is his boxing. And he has just been obliterated by Anthony Joshua'.

I just believe due to Joshua's recent performances, those apprehension levels have sky rocketed. And with that, people may potentially witness the narrative that 'Fury and Uysk don't need to fight Joshua much more within the boxing community'.

Many months ago I theorized that this was going to be the trajectory 'Within certain area's of the sport'. People can go back, and check my posts 'We are now pretty much at that point in the competition'.

When the Mike Tyson vs Lennox Lewis fight was announced 'Many people were not liking that match up. But that fight was the organic conclusion to that Heavyweight era, to decide who would be the last man standing of that era'.

In my opinion, people just need to let the game happen organically 'The competitive will organically sort itself out'.

In December 2022, when Joshua was offered a title fight vs Fury 'I personally did not believe that Joshua had earned that title fight'.

Right now currently in Joshua's career, I believe Joshua has legitimately earned his title contention 'Somehow and someway he has found away back' etc.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-23-2024, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X