Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer Ben Davison Wants Oleksandr Usyk, Not Tyson Fury, For Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This clown is hillarous, Usyk got AJs number, loosing to him thrid time will make Usyk his DAD for the rest of AJs life.
    Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 03-22-2024, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KING S.O.G View Post
      Usyk has Joshua's number
      If that was the case? Usyk would of stopped Joshua in the rematch 'Or he would of beaten Joshua way more conclusively than the first fight'.

Out of the two fighters, Joshua was the most improved fighter in the rematch.

And if the 3rd fight is ever called for 'That trajectory will most likely continue, Joshua will put in a more improved effort'.

Note: I don't think Usyk has Joshua's number at all 'Usyk's wins over Joshua were nowhere near dominate enough, for anyone to make the claim that he has Joshua's number'. Both fights were competitive, especially the second fight.

Joshua statistically is a proven competitive fighter in rematches 'Joshua has ether won rematches, or been more improved and competitive'.

And a important factor when it comes to Joshua vs Usyk 'If the 3rd fight is ever called for? This is not a immediate rematch. Joshua due to his nature, would of been analysing and obsessing over this fight for years, that for me alters the dynamic in the match up.

Joshua even right now as we speak, has proven that his traits as a athlete i.e His near psychopathic work ethic, analytical and obsessive nature. Those traits have aided in Joshua over the long term 'Long game'.

This competitive between the top-4 Heavyweights is all about their long game 'The competition to see who will be the last man standing of this era'.

I have always stated, that soon as this competition at Heavyweight turned into a drawn out battle 'The competition was potentially going to move back towards Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk'.

Tyson Fury really should of already fought and of beaten both Joshua and Uysk 'Fury made a tactical mistake in sabotaging his fight with Joshua in December 2022, and then Uysk in April 2023'.

Tyson Fury at the time in his career, was coming off a more solid performance vs Wilder III 'Fury had good momentum in his career'. Joshua back in late 2022, was at his most perceived vulnerable stage of his career. And Uysk was a less experienced Heavyweight, although he did have two great wins over Joshua'

It was a tactical mistake by Fury sabotaging those fights 'Now the competition has clearly moved back towards Oleksandr Uysk, and Anthony Joshua'.

Out of the top-4 Heavyweights, Usyk and Joshua right now seem to have the most momentum.

This is not me making things up, we have seen this tectonic shift displayed by the boxing media, and the general public 'People are aware of the competitive shift'.

Tyson Fury in my opinion, due to the tactical mistakes he has made outside the ring 'Has made this competition more difficult for himself. Fury is just about hanging on to his number 1 Heavyweight rating, and other Heavyweights seem to be closing in on him' etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
        Would like to see the third fight.

And I'd pick Usyk btw, there's no way you could not make him the favourite.

But I maintain that Usyk fought AJ, both times when he was at a slump in his career.

Boxing is style based yes, but form, activity, confidence, tactics all play a massive part on the night.

I doubt the fight happens anyway due to schedules and potential for results to go all kinds of ways, but id watch a third fight with interest and wouldn't be 100% certain of the outcome.

I think if AJ and Usyk fought 10 times AJ wins one or two of them just based off his punchers chance. If he can improve his tactics and performance from the 2nd fight then it's more like three or four times out of 10
        ———-
        If that’s the case then ALL fighters should fight each other a couple of times or more to determine who the better one is.
        We’d have trilogies galore with boxers fighting perhaps less than 20 opponents in total during their careers.

To be fair though, if there was no Fury or Zhang (despite his recent loss, he will stop AJ) then Usyk would have no one but AJ to fight.
        billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

If that was the case? Usyk would of stopped Joshua in the rematch 'Or he would of beaten Joshua way more conclusively than the first fight'.

Out of the two fighters, Joshua was the most improved fighter in the rematch.

And if the 3rd fight is ever called for 'That trajectory will most likely continue, Joshua will put in a more improved effort'.

Note: I don't think Usyk has Joshua's number at all 'Usyk's wins over Joshua were nowhere near dominate enough, for anyone to make the claim that he has Joshua's number'. Both fights were competitive, especially the second fight.

Joshua statistically is a proven competitive fighter in rematches 'Joshua has ether won rematches, or been more improved and competitive'.

And a important factor when it comes to Joshua vs Usyk 'If the 3rd fight is ever called for? This is not a immediate rematch. Joshua due to his nature, would of been analysing and obsessing over this fight for years, that for me alters the dynamic in the match up.

Joshua even right now as we speak, has proven that his traits as a athlete i.e His near psychopathic work ethic, analytical and obsessive nature. Those traits have aided in Joshua over the long term 'Long game'.

This competitive between the top-4 Heavyweights is all about their long game 'The competition to see who will be the last man standing of this era'.

I have always stated, that soon as this competition at Heavyweight turned into a drawn out battle 'The competition was potentially going to move back towards Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk'.

Tyson Fury really should of already fought and of beaten both Joshua and Uysk 'Fury made a tactical mistake in sabotaging his fight with Joshua in December 2022, and then Uysk in April 2023'.

Tyson Fury at the time in his career, was coming off a more solid performance vs Wilder III 'Fury had good momentum in his career'. Joshua back in late 2022, was at his most perceived vulnerable stage of his career. And Uysk was a less experienced Heavyweight, although he did have two great wins over Joshua'

It was a tactical mistake by Fury sabotaging those fights 'Now the competition has clearly moved back towards Oleksandr Uysk, and Anthony Joshua'.

Out of the top-4 Heavyweights, Usyk and Joshua right now seem to have the most momentum.

This is not me making things up, we have seen this tectonic shift displayed by the boxing media, and the general public 'People are aware of the competitive shift'.

Tyson Fury in my opinion, due to the tactical mistakes he has made outside the ring 'Has made this competition more difficult for himself. Fury is just about hanging on to his number 1 Heavyweight rating, and other Heavyweights seem to be closing in on him' etc.
          ———-
          Out of the two fighters, Joshua was the most improved fighter in the rematch.”

“Improved performance” might be a better description of the fight. After all, Usyk still beat him. If Usyk hadn’t improved, then the same old Usyk still beat an improved AJ.
          We can dissect the 2nd fight all day long, in the end it will boil down to semantics. We’ve heard the same thing about Ruiz beating up and stopping AJ. The fact that AJ won the rematch does not negate the simple fact that Ruiz destroyed him.

If AJ was to fight Usyk a third time, the odds would still favor Usyk and if AJ with his puncher’s chance wins, the fact will be Usyk beat him. Twice.

Most of the arguments here seem to be apologists for AJ. I like AJ and I think he is very dedicated to the craft and is an all round very likable guy but AJ at his best got beat by Ruiz and Usyk. No excuses.

billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Maybe this version of AJ could beat Usyk if they fought again.

Of course, one mustn't get too carried away with the devastating ko of Ngannou. Usyk is not Ngannou.

Joshua has done very well in his pro career. He's an Olympic gold medalist, although Teddy Atlas says he was there and AJ got a gift decision.

The silver medalist though, an Italian I think he said, did not go on to a successful pro boxing career.
            Willow The Wisp Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Very likely they will fight a third time within the next 2 years and AJ wins that one, purely because father time is gonna be on Usyk ass any moment now.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackstarr View Post

This is nonsense - AJ fought Usyk because he was AJ’s mandatory challenger and there’s almost no way Hearn would have put Usyk in front of AJ otherwise. Usyk was seen as high-risk low-reward back then, who Fury himself had dismissed as a ‘foreign nobody’. I’m really not sure what you’re going on about with that one, but I fully agree with your last sentence.
                Hearn signed Usyk in his own words, with a view to being a opponent for Joshua .To the point he fought Joshua , Usyk had looked extremely vulnerable against Chaz Witherspoon who was a club fighter having beaten no-one of note and Chisora who pushed him close with only a two round loss on two scorecards .Usyk got the 'shot' at Joshua not on heavyweight merit but through a ridiculous ruling that a undisputed champ at a lower division gets a shot a the title above and as I say the plan backfired and nearly ruined Joshua. But it's good to see him back and in a positive frame of mind and giving boxing the respect with the Ngannou hammering, after a dismal display from Fury., Usyk / Fury will be the yard stick to see where Usyk and indeed Fury fit .

Comment

Originally posted by Atypicalbrit View Post
                  Would like to see the third fight.
                  What in the blue hell for?

Usyk SCHOOLED him the first time, caused him to go on a rant and have a mental breakdown the second time, including disrespecting the belts by throwing them out of the ring.

image.png

There's absolutely NO reason for a third fight. At all.

Willowthewisp Willowthewisp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
                    Usyk has already schooled Princess Joshy twice!!

Why bother with a third time ?

There's nothing to suggest Usyk wouldnt hand Joshua's ass back to him on a platter again.

How about giving Parker a rematch first ?

But all the AJ nuthuggers say hes already beaten him once...lol

Usyk has nothing to prove fighting AJ and neither does Fury if he beats Usyk.
                    "How about giving Parker a rematch first?"
                    Why?
                    AJ beat Parker easily the first time
                    Why bother a second time?
                    AJ has nothing to prove fighting Parker again

Comment

Correction, I see that silver medalist Roberto Cammarelle has hardly fought in the professional ranks, except for one fight I saw on boxrec.

Comment

Working...
                      X