Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Extended $15,000 VADA Drug-Testing Offer by Victor Conte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
    All boxing samples should be saved for ten year minimum. They should be tested repeatedly as new ways of discovering specific peds are discovered. Fighters should also have it imposed on that should the sample produce a positive within that ten year frame they void all rights to join the hall of fame and potentially face some sort of harsh financial penalty. Otherwise you end up with the fury’s, Benn’s, Canelo’s and so forth who showed us getting caught doesn’t matter, they’ll continue to earn millions and rewrite history.
    Agree about the saving samples part. They should be catching some ppl retroactively like the IOC does.

Idk about the HOF or financial punishment tho. The HOF can take ped usage into account with their voting as they see fit. And if someone gets hurt/dies by someone using PEDs I'd assume they could sue. So thats sh^t that gets worked out anyway.

And randomly I wonder if there is any path to a civil lawsuit if you simply lost to a guy on PEDs??? Cuz an L can often impact your money. It would seem like you could argue someone cheated enough for them to beat you when they otherwise wouldn't that could have impacted your earnings in boxing. Obviously it would be difficult to prove you definitely would have won minus the PED usage, but if you could it would seem like that is doable but idk just speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Agree about the saving samples part. They should be catching some ppl retroactively like the IOC does.

Idk about the HOF or financial punishment tho. The HOF can take ped usage into account with their voting as they see fit. And if someone gets hurt/dies by someone using PEDs I'd assume they could sue. So thats sh^t that gets worked out anyway.

And randomly I wonder if there is any path to a civil lawsuit if you simply lost to a guy on PEDs??? Cuz an L can often impact your money. It would seem like you could argue someone cheated enough for them to beat you when they otherwise wouldn't that could have impacted your earnings in boxing. Obviously it would be difficult to prove you definitely would have won minus the PED usage, but if you could it would seem like that is doable but idk just speculating.
      I think the main thing that needs changing is all the confidentiality.

I don't see any reason to keep all these things confidential. Sometimes the actual drug in their system is kept confidential, then the hearings are also confidential. I don't see any logical reason to do that.

It should be transparent. Take Conor Benn's hearing as an example, we know that he won his hearing and was cleared to fight, but we have no idea why that is and whether or not it's justified. All of this should be open to the public.
      Eff Pandas Eff Pandas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Cause there is no half way
        There is no half truth
        Pick a side and be done with it cause swinging both ways , of course for who you believe has a better story lmfao , just doesn’t cut it
        You can’t play both sides when you come out and say someone who wasn’t actually accused of peds doesn’t get a pass from you but someone with a great story behind them is believable
        Pure bullchit and the uttermost hypocrisy
        Canelo who was busted oh believable bullchit
        Beterbiev who’s not busted oh could be on peds
        If this is not hypocrisy and uttermost bullchit , nothing is
        Smfh
        At the end of the day fighters are responsible for whatever they put in their bodies and, intentional or not, Canelo tested positive so he deserved to face punishment for it. I’ve always maintained that.

I can hold that stance while at the same time saying that his story does have believability to it, more than Conor Benn’s tale.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I think the main thing that needs changing is all the confidentiality.

I don't see any reason to keep all these things confidential. Sometimes the actual drug in their system is kept confidential, then the hearings are also confidential. I don't see any logical reason to do that.

It should be transparent. Take Conor Benn's hearing as an example, we know that he won his hearing and was cleared to fight, but we have no idea why that is and whether or not it's justified. All of this should be open to the public.
          Yea I'd agree with that. It should be more transparent.

I assume HIPAA laws or concerns (in the US & I assume they got similar or tighter rules in the UK) are part of the problem with it being more confidential than ever these days as evident by the Benn situation in particular. I believe you can make ppl forgo that in PED situations tho, but idk if they are or aren't doing that in boxing everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

At the end of the day fighters are responsible for whatever they put in their bodies and, intentional or not, Canelo tested positive so he deserved to face punishment for it. I’ve always maintained that.

I can hold that stance while at the same time saying that his story does have believability to it, more than Conor Benn’s tale.
            You don't even know the story Conor Benn used in his hearing so you have no idea whether it's more believable or not.

Conor Benn's lawyer mentioned in multiple interviews that they're looking into supplement contamination as one of their pieces of evidence, amongst plenty of others that they were presenting in the hearing. That excuse as just as believable or likely to be true as Canelo's.

Comment

You don't even know the story Conor Benn used in his hearing so you have no idea whether it's more believable or not.

Conor Benn's lawyer mentioned in multiple interviews that they're looking into supplement contamination as one of their pieces of evidence, amongst plenty of others that they were presenting in the hearing. That excuse as just as believable or likely to be true as Canelo's.
              We do know that Conor Benn used eggs as an excuse. It’s in the Daily Mail article.
              Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 03-24-2024, 03:57 PM.

Comment

We do know that Conor Benn used eggs as an excuse. It’s in The Guardian article.
                He used it as one of the possible reasons, yes. Which it could be.

His lawyer also said multiple times that contaminated supplements could be the reason and was in their evidence. Which is easily possible, just as much as Canelo's excuse is.

You don't know what evidence was presented in Conor Benn's hearing. The one that he won, by the way.

Comment

He used it as one of the possible reasons, yes. Which it could be.

His lawyer also said multiple times that contaminated supplements could be the reason and was in their evidence. Which is easily possible, just as much as Canelo's excuse is.

You don't know what evidence was presented in Conor Benn's hearing. The one that he won, by the way.
                  I can buy that eating contaminated meat in Mexico led to testing positive for clenbuterol. But it’s more difficult to believe that eating contaminated eggs led to testing positive for clomiphene, since it is illegal to use clomiphene in animals in the UK.

Why hasn’t Conor Benn been licensed yet to fight in the UK if everything is truly all settled?

Comment

I can buy that eating contaminated meat in Mexico led to testing positive for clenbuterol. But it’s more difficult to believe that eating contaminated eggs led to testing positive for clomiphene, since it is illegal to use clomiphene in animals in the UK.
                    Well, I don't know if you just read what I said but Conor Benn's lawyer said multiple times that that contaminated supplements could be the reason and was in their list evidence due to be presented at trial. Which is easily possible, just as much as Canelo's excuse is.

As for contaminated eggs being the reason(s), we don't know where he would have got his eggs from, he may have had them imported. And if he did, that's just as possible as Canelo's excuse as well. If that was part of his evidence it would have been presented in the hearing that he won.

All of the above is irrelevant because we don't know what evidence was presented in his hearing. We just know he presented it to a judge and the judged deemed him innocent and lifted his suspension.

Why hasn’t Conor Benn been licensed yet to fight in the UK if everything is truly all settled?
                    Because after UKAD/BBBoC lost the hearing and thus Conor Benn won the hearing they had 14 days to appeal the loss, to which they did and is currently on going.

So they have grounds to reject his license due to there being an on going appeal of the hearing they lost. Which is nothing more than a technicality on their part.

That doesn't change the fact that Conor Benn won the hearing and is currently not suspended (because it was lifted after winning his hearing).
                    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 03-24-2024, 04:54 PM.

Comment

So just say he’s a cheater but you can’t cause that would go against your agenda

Comment

Working...
                      X