Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez Tells Canelo Alvarez It's Time To Invest In Some 'Nuts'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

People just love a boogeyman story. It makes them feel good I guess.

Next up are Subriel Matias and Dave Morrell.

And yes the narrative for Canelo vs GGG really changed after the first two fights. The most popular prediction for Canelo-GGG 1 was that Canelo wouldn’t get out of the 3rd-6th round. That narrative changed quickly after the fight, when Canelo showed those people he wasn’t as bad as they thought, not even suffering a KD or anything, not even getting in kind of trouble at any point in the fight. At all. Largely unfazed by GGG’s power.
    -150 for Golovkin and +120 for Alvarez​

odds for the first fight, ggg slight fav in it

which was correct as he preformed better than canelo in that one

Comment

Originally posted by A.B Counterhooks View Post

Canelo couldn't stop Ryder and Benavidez couldn't stop Plant, you're are right, triangle theories def not always right but the answer to your question is ,Yes I still believe there is a possibility they'll fight even with all this controversy simply because thats sells and Canelo would be an idiot to let potential super clash along with record purse just walk away like that, but hey I could be wrong too ,I guess time will tell brother.

Lets say Benny was the one taking on Mungia, would you still call it a junk fight too?
      Canelo landed a lead left hook that concussed Plant and that was that... It was a dull fight and in fact Plant was very much in the fight before that shot, possibly level scores or just a round behind. From round 7 onwards Benavidez began battering the fuk out of Plant, systematically breaking him down with combos to head and body. Plant was pretty much finished but he showed he has huge heart and determination so credit to him for making it to the final bell.

Comment

Manny is game but he’d best stop giving his money away

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

Significant? He struggled with derevyanchenko and ryder is a fvking washed-up journeyman, are you writing this with a straight face, you have to be joking or trolling, ryder ran away from Morell jr five fights ago your dummy, the fight was set and scheduled for the #1 mandatory to canelo, the guy and his promoter $h1t in their pants after watching him fight caceres. You have to be trolling, you can't be this stupid, and the other guy is a career 160 lbs. Really, That's all you got? It doesn't matter how many fights he has, he is the regular WBA Champ and #1 mandatory for canelo. And he does have balls, he's been after benavidez for the past two years. You take a close look at the one that can hurt ball-less ginger. Find a boxer with 10 fights that has face Morrell Jr opposition, 188-21, three undefeated fighters included. Gtfoh, ginger deserves the fans he has, they all lack the same thing.
          Lmao here we go again with ur emotional rants, morrell opp has been weak! that 188-21 combined rec means dog sht ,not single former world champ there,not even any top contender And hes not a real champ with that fake ass Wba belt ,you're being delusional and silly. Wba regular my ass! Morrell is not a champ dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Elastic Recoilz View Post

Canelo landed a lead left hook that concussed Plant and that was that... It was a dull fight and in fact Plant was very much in the fight before that shot, possibly level scores or just a round behind. From round 7 onwards Benavidez began battering the fuk out of Plant, systematically breaking him down with combos to head and body. Plant was pretty much finished but he showed he has huge heart and determination so credit to him for making it to the final bell.
            You can paint it the way you want to bro, at the end of the day, Canelo got Plant outa there, Benavidez did not. Caleb got heart tho I agree.

Comment

Clear duck for sure.

Saul knows Benavidez is a tough fight. Even his coach and advisors are warning him too. The guy is huge, long, rangy and comes forward with that Mexican heart and pressure

Comment

Originally posted by A.B Counterhooks View Post

Lmao here we go again with ur emotional rants, morrell opp has been weak! that 188-21 combined rec means dog sht ,not single former world champ there,not even any top contender And hes not a real champ with that fake ass Wba belt ,you're being delusional and silly. Wba regular my ass! Morrell is not a champ dude.
                I know he's not a Champ, the fraud is but you asked for credentials and I gave to you. Do you think ryder, yildrim and now mungia had gotten the ticket because credentials? Why not benavidez? Who's the most deserving one. We all know why these 2nd and 3rd tier boxers are fighting your lover boy, you and his other lovers are the emotional ones, you guys are in denial. You're soo in denial and emotional that I have ask you a simple question three times, and even though you know the answer you just can't say it, because if you do all your life will come down crashing. And you call me emotional. Check fraud first 10 opponents, and ask benavidez why a former champion doesn't want to fight DMJ. I could be wrong but you look like a millennial.
                Last edited by garfios; 03-22-2024, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle01 View Post

More fantasy narratives. His whole point by suggesting 200m is that he DOES NOT WANT to fight Benavidez, period. It was not a serious suggestion it was just making a point he don't want the smoke. I don't even think he fights him for 100m, maybe 200m. This is not about risk vs reward, its about avoiding an ass kicking.
                  I would say, like everyone does on here, that “I’ll remember what you wrote when the fight gets made,,” but I won’t. He’s making 40 million to fight Munguia. He’ll squeeze that Saudi lemon. Just watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

why didnt he just ask the saudis?
                    He’s training to fight a Golden Boy stiff for 40 million. The Saudi shake down is in the works, don’t worry. Money buys lots of nuts.
                    Look I’m not condoning his actions. These boxers are all demanding more than fights can actually generate and first DAZN and now the Saudis are paying it. It’s nonsensical but this is the present reality.
                    Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X