Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Checkmate, De La Hoya Set To Do Everything In His Power For Munguia To Defeat His Former Fighter Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post

Hey man, it just might be. Nobody would say Munguia is on any technical level that Canelo is on. No even close. Though, Munguia has hunger about him and sometimes, that brings out a level not seen before in past performances. I know Roach isn't going to do much to improve Munguia's defense because Roach himself probably doesn't even care about that. Though if he can get Munguia placing his shots where he believes Canelo can be hit, that might make a difference.

Or Munguia just can't even take Canelo's punch and walks into a counter punch rd1, KO, lol. That honestly wouldn't surprise me either.
    This fight is solely based on Canelo’s punch resistance and his stamina
    Imo those are the two factors that will determine if Munguia actually has a chance
    ELPacman ELPacman likes this.

Comment

former super-lightweight champion Jaime Munguia​ ??? He was a super lightweight champion, when ?

Comment

former super-lightweight champion Jaime Munguia​

Comment

Originally posted by Sweden2716 View Post
          former super-lightweight champion Jaime Munguia​
          Mexican Golden Gloves

Comment

Maguina will lose. Regardless of talent he is the smaller fighter. There is a world of difference between him and Benevides in size, power and in strength. The reason for the fight is that Canelos is avoiding Benevides in favor a weaker fighter. Maguina might acquit himself very well for a while, but the fight won't go 12 rounds.

Comment

Mungia lacks defense and Canelo has a great chin. The only way Mungia knows how to fight is to trade punches. That is a recipe for disaster against Alvarez. This could be a beating. Mungia's head sometimes looks like a Pez dispenser but he does take a great shot. I dont wan't to lay -600 on Canelo so i'll wait for the prop bets. Canelo by K.O in rounds 3-7 is my guess.

Comment

Working...
              X