Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bill Haney Says Shakur Stevenson "Brings Nothing To The Table"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

Who swerved Frank Martin?
    No, I was including Frank Martin with Zepeda and Pitbull. All 3 swerved Shakur! At least Martin got a Tank fight out of it!

Comment

Shakur's biggest mistake was, is, and at this point forever will be that HE, not Haney, decided to refuse to take the undisputed fight last year. Say whatever he wants, the fact remains that he had the choice of becoming the undisputed which would've gotten him a significantly higher pay and many more opponents willing to face him. Call him an opportunist but in the end Haney jumped on the chance to get an easy undisputed status, while Shakur made short-sighted complaints and passed on the golden chance.

Shakur may have a high boxing IQ but he isn't smart in business.

Comment

Originally posted by Elheath View Post
        Shakur's biggest mistake was, is, and at this point forever will be that HE, not Haney, decided to refuse to take the undisputed fight last year. Say whatever he wants, the fact remains that he had the choice of becoming the undisputed which would've gotten him a significantly higher pay and many more opponents willing to face him. Call him an opportunist but in the end Haney jumped on the chance to get an easy undisputed status, while Shakur made short-sighted complaints and passed on the golden chance.

Shakur may have a high boxing IQ but he isn't smart in business.
        Imo , someone has gotten into his ear cause Stevenson wasn’t always like this
        The fact that he’s leaving Top Rank or supposedly , makes me wonder if that same promoter who’s gotten other fighters out of fighting for major titles is at fault here
        Not hard to understand

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Only if you don't understand the skills on display, any meathead can be a slugger very few can be as skilled as Haney Shakur level guys.
          I love skills bro. But running and not engaging is not the same as great defense. Sorry you cant see that. I wasnt refering to Haney as much as Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Let's not forget that Zepeda and Pitbull both swerved Shakur (and Frank Martin), which is why he fought De Los Santos!
            Let's no forget Bob Arum offer Peanuts to make it seem they didn't want the fight. Come on grow up already. So per your logic, Shakur ducked Haney. Shakur didn't take Haney peanut offer.
            Last edited by boxingitis; 03-20-2024, 06:10 PM.

Comment

No, I was including Frank Martin with Zepeda and Pitbull. All 3 swerved Shakur! At least Martin got a Tank fight out of it!
              GOTCHA!! I was about to call you out on that like “hold up, Frank pulled out of a signed fight!!”

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post

Let's no forget Bob Arum offer Peanuts to make it seem they didn't want the fight. Come on grow up already. So per your logic, Shakur ducked Haney. Shakur didn't take Haney peanut offer.
                Oscar never complained about an offer! here's what his excuse was...

De La Hoya: “I Need More Exposure For Zepeda To Fight Shakur”
                December 5, 2022

https://3kingsboxing.com/de-la-hoya-...venson-zepeda/

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

GOTCHA!! I was about to call you out on that like “hold up, Frank pulled out of a signed fight!!”
                  Nah, my bad, not what I meant! In hindsight, Frank "The Ghost" got a better fight! Zepeda and Pitbull did NOT!

Comment

Oscar never complained about an offer! here's what his excuse was...

De La Hoya: “I Need More Exposure For Zepeda To Fight Shakur”
                    December 5, 2022

https://3kingsboxing.com/de-la-hoya-...venson-zepeda/
                    Where does it say "Zepeda" swerve Shakur?
                    Zepeda and Oscar De La Hoya is not the same person.
                    Last edited by boxingitis; 03-21-2024, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                      Bill knows damn well that Shakur would give his son a boxing lesson
                      There would be no running cause we all know that Haney won’t hurt Stevenson
                      165lb Haney is different than 145 Haney. A move to welter is imminent, me thinks.

I don't know how he was squeezing down to 135.

Comment

Working...
                      X