Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good is Frank Martin? Can he win against Tank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is Frank Martin? Can he win against Tank?

He has a solid resume having beaten Romero Duno (24-2, 19 KOs), Jackson Marinez (19-2, 7 KOs), Michel Rivera (24-0, 14 KOs) and (12-0, 7 KOs).

The most notable being Michel Rivera who has beaten a Sergey Lipinets recently and Jackson Marinez who got a controversial loss to Rolando Romero.

How does he fair against Gervonta Davis? As he is scheduled to fight him in June.

Would he be Tank's most credible opponent up until now? I don't know. That applies to your question as well.

I can say that he looked poor against Harutyunyan back in July, and he hasn't fought since. Then again, it's been longer than that for Tank.​

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
      Would he be Tank's most credible opponent up until now? I don't know. That applies to your question as well.

I can say that he looked poor against Harutyunyan back in July, and he hasn't fought since. Then again, it's been longer than that for Tank.​
      Not sure if he be Davis's most credible win because while he might give Tank fits and actually belongs in the same division, his style is pretty textbook mostly relying on his athleticism.

He one sidedly beat Rivera by managing the distance and beating him to the punch, but when fighters applied infighting in the pocket like Duno and Harutyunyan did, he got stunned in multiple occasions in both fights because he doesn't really utilize defense like head movement or nor avoids getting worked to the body.

Obviously he adjusted to recover and won those fights in good fashion, brutally stopping Duno.

But I feel like Davis picked him because he saw how he can exploit Martin's weaknesses, making him look good by defeating a fighter with tremendous athleticism with limited boxing knowledge (Ring IQ) compared to Davis.
      Last edited by Feroz; 03-15-2024, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Martin's last fight with Harutyunyan turned out to be his biggest challenge thus far.
        It's supposed to be a cherrypicked stay-busy fight. I don't see him having any kind of edge in this Tank fight.

Comment

Working...
        X